Just discovered the history on my TM F12... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Just discovered the history on my TM F12...

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by KY _Soldier, Oct 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Slm had the LaF wheels on his AN F12. Love them. Tried to buy these from the seller FC Italia in Greensboro but did not pull the trigger.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/401516697957

No relationship. About 8k for a set.

I suspect the same wheel as the originals could be found and even if painted to Original delivery color. Those are nice also.

But I respectfully suggest that either of those would be more fitting for your beauty.

ScottS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. savannah

savannah Rookie

Jun 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Everett DeHut
    Great story. Beautiful car!

KY _Soldier likes this.
  4. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Got a set! Waiting to install them now.

KR28, red27 and of2worlds like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Could you please look inside and post the part numbers?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    Ferrari celebrates Singapore independence? With wheels. Huh.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    There's only that 1 F12 ever made to celebrate it. It was probably a dealer or customer idea.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Hi Eric,

This factual story might be interesting to you...

Back in Nov/Dec 2018, I was searching for a newer 599 GTB to replace my wrecked '07 599 (long story) after receiving substantial insurance payment. I distinctly recall being very interested in a 2010 599 HGTE offered by Marshall Goldman Cleveland in a similar custom color combo (Grigio Granito or Silverstone / Brown) with quilted rear package shelf and back stop, white RPM counter, Alcantara carpeting, etc, and only had less than 5k miles. See for yourself... :)

It was an absolutely stunning car with obvious Ferrari Atelier (pre Tailor Made) personal styling that I'd have preferred to own, except for its exorbitant asking price of $249,990 which at that time was equivalent to the price of a nice and newer F12. MGC did lower the price a couple months later to $225k which might have interested me, but I'd already signed for and was already driving a 2011 HGTE (one of the last sold in the US).

So the odds of that special 599 HGTE having been previously owned by Jim Ring were enormous. Anyway, enjoy your beautifully special F12.

Cheers,
    Butch A

of2worlds likes this.
  9. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    That is fascinating. I really wish I could have met him! Wonder where that car is today?!

10. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Makuono, JOEV and of2worlds like this.
  11. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    Very nice, Eric. Good choice to go with OEM wheels which preserves the heritage and completes the classic Ferrari look.

Those LaF wheels were derived from a couple of previous style wheels for these models:
    1) the 599 Fiorano's HGTE five-spoke, two-piece wheels;
    2) the 458 Italia's standard five-spoke wheels.

IMHO as a retired Eng'g Design Engr, the Pininfarina and Ferrari Centro Stile wheel style designs blend congruously to harmonize with the cars' designs such that most aftermarket-available wheels in larger sizes or fuzzier, complex designs either look garish and/or do not do justice to Ferrari's intendd body aesthetic.

Of course, beauty is in the "eye of the beholder" and everybody is entitled to their opinion, but there remains a "standard" in automobile art for the body/wheel combo to be considered as "classic". For example, a 250 GTO or the 365 Daytona looks fantastic with Borrani wire wheels but would look outrageous with modern 5-spoke wheels, and so on.

Butch

of2worlds and KY _Soldier like this.
  12. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Thank you Butch. I completely agree. Very few aftermarket wheels can retain the design elements.

13. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Those wheels look great! I'm not crazy on the black, I'd have them silver, but they undeniably fit the car a lot better! Congrats on a beautiful car!

KY _Soldier likes this.