Just got Ceramic Coating on Cali | FerrariChat

Just got Ceramic Coating on Cali

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Bandit23, Oct 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    OwenC likes this.
  2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

on the leather too?

3. nextceo1

nextceo1 Karting

Mar 13, 2017
    Looks awesome. Can I ask how much that costs and who you used?

Thanks for sharing your pictures...the car looks Great!

4. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    Yes, I have used a lot of leather cleaners but this ceramic coating made the leather like brand new totally amazing I was shocked and the coated steeering wheel too

5. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Did they do any paint correction?

6. OwenC

OwenC Karting

Aug 12, 2017
    If you haven't done it yet, I highly recommend paint protection film (PPF) like Xpel. I should have done this procedure to my Cali (and other sports cars) earlier as all the rock chips looked more obvious after a professional detailing session.

7. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    yes they did the paint correction too.

8. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    I am looking for a good guy here to do the PPF, I want to do this to keep the Cali safe ~ good point...

9. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    #9 mobinakhtar, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Hmmm! I bet every one is wondering about cost of such applications, Right?

So I did some research in Houston, TX and here are my averaged findings from calling 4 different places - just a guide.

Basic Ceramic coating without paint correction 5yr warranty - starting around $1300
    Advanced Ceramic coating with 2-stage paint correction and swirls remove - 7 year warranty - starting at $1700
    Interior fabric or leather guard - includes steam cleaning prior to ceramic application - $599
    Clear-bra or shield (PPF) - starting at $250 -$500 depending on quantity used

a bit steep since I know that markup in this industry is ridiculous. Typically 70-80% of these prices are the profit for applicators.

On the contrary - I had PPF on a Glacier white GL550 (Wife's car) that turned yellowish in 5years and looked like ****. Once bugs and rocks crashed in it from interstate driving, it was almost impossible to remove and SUV looked ****tier than it actually was. had to have it removed and repainted. First three to five years it did look ok.

I just cringe about these plastic shields since you never know what the installer source is - could be cheap Chinese crap that will turn yellow and ruin your vehicle - not easy to remove specially after sitting years in the bright TX sun.

Attached Files: