Just heard on the news Michael Jackson dead | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Just heard on the news Michael Jackson dead

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Oengus, Jun 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I don't care much about his death but he was the greatest dancer that I know of.

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I'm sure the guy suffered in his life of turmoil. It's certainly no excuse for some of the antics he was caught doing. Hopefully there's some peace now. RIP.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    This is not over by a long shot, bring on the unreported allegations!

4. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    What a ko-winky-dink; I just put Thriller on my mp3 player last night.

5. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Peace be with you Michael.....................Thriller was an excellent pop album!

This is from a Heavy Metal Guy! Nuff Said!

6. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    #31 3604u, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    +1000

RIP,the King of POP!!!

7. enzokidd

enzokidd Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2009
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shaunt
    lol i think people should stop referring to Michael Jackson as "MJ". There will only ever be one true "MJ".
    RIP Michael Jackson.

8. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I remember, the only way my mom could shut me up and do the housework was when she played his videoclips on the VCR player. i must be 4-5 years old at that time, and i used to remember that Billie jean was my fav. somg and clip. Till today, Billie Jean remains my fav. MJ song.

It's sad to see how whole life anyways. All the abuse he got at the hands of his dad, the way his family broke up, all those child molest trials, etc. In a way, i'm glad he's finally gone, so has his suffering too. Thanks a lot MJ. You were the best entertainer the world has ever seen, and will ever see.

9. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Little boys across the globe just breathed a collective sigh of relief. ;)

10. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    And to think I thought it was going to be a slow news day...

I am conflicted on what feelings seem appropriate. He seems like such a tragic figure. His dad pushed him from Kindergarten to perform, and later in life it seems his whole family mooched off of him. He appears to have been "managed" by security and handlers his entire life, insulating him from reality.

My guess is that he never had the opportunity to learn right from wrong, or at least the consequences of each. A person with his level of fame and wealth could do literally anything he wanted...except have a normal life.

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #36 SefacHotRodder, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    As fun as it is to make fun of him for purported molestation etc, the guy was seriously damaged later in life and it was very sad to see someone go downhill like that. I was a massive fan when i was a kid and its sad to hear he's dead. I saw him in concert and it was incredible. My Uncle also used to be his one of his agents and said he was a really nice guy in real life (if not a little quirky). Last time my Uncle hung out with him was a year or two ago. They were riding around in a limo around LA talking about his new CD.

He also had SERIOUS talent in his prime

12 of his albums currently occupy the top 15 on amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/music/11055011/ref=amb_link_19555465_2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=03PHNA6ZT63Q20X634AW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=465139793&pf_rd_i=229816

and 7 of the 10 top albums on itunes are MJ's

12. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

so true and thus so sad. he was a true talent the likes of which we may never see again. rip.

pcb

13. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    IMO, the last person this famous to die unexpectedly was Princess Diana. You could say Sinatra was the last huge name in music to die, but he was elderly and in poor health, so that wasn't totally unexpected.

In many ways Jackson's passing so young isn't unlike Elvis or John Lennon. A legendary name in music. A term that is often overused, Buddy Holly, Curt Cobain, or Michael Hutchence are not legendary IMO. But in the case of Lennon/Presley/Sinatra/Jackson, the term is completely appropriate.

Presley died when I was 4, and I remember watching it on the news that night with my dad. Even though I obviously didn't grasp the level of fame he had at the time, I still knew that it was a big deal even back then. While we watched CNN last night I wondered aloud to my wife if our four year old would remember this one the same way.

Off topic, but probably the only person "happy" about Jackson's death is Governor Sanford. Jacko took him off the headlines.

14. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Jackson died of a overdose of Demerol, a morphine like drug. His family knew about it and no one could or would stop him. All the talent goes down the drain, a real doper.

15. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Fixed

16. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

You know what, that's the coolest part with MJ and his music. No matter what kind of people, you know you can play MJ and it'll be a hit. Hip hop, metal, goth, whatever: MJ is always accepted. No one else has this position.

17. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Agreed

18. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim

http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/26/jackson-family-demerol-shot-caused-death/

Jackson Family -- Demerol Shot Caused Death
    Posted Jun 26th 2009 9:56AM by TMZ Staff

A close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Very sad indeed.

Michael claimed to be working on a new dance move that would rival the moonwalk. I gues will never know what it was now. :(

20. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll ask my uncle if he knew anything about it

21. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Was you're uncle involved with his upcoming concerts in some way?

22. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Not really surprised by this.

If it was anyone else, they would be focusing on all the child molestation allegations and huge debt he had. But b/c it was MJ, they are only mentioning the good things he has done. I heard on the radio this morning, one person say, that we should focus on all of the good things b/c there are so many other bad things happening.... but you know they wouldn't have said that, if it was anyone else.

RIP.

23. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Dude that's what you do when someone passes away. If someone in your family passed away are you going to sit around a keep puttin them down? No, you're going to try and remember all the good that happened because of this person. It's sad what's happened and I was hoping to be able to see him in the next 6 months.

24. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    13dog

Hopefully you won't get your wish...

25. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    So who is his personal physician who didn't know how to do CPR? What kind of doctor doen't know the basics of placing the patient on a flat hard surface for compressions? 911 call was weird.