Just hit 90,000 miles on my Mondial | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Just hit 90,000 miles on my Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by TOM B, Nov 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Ron,
    The main thing is to drive it regularly as they don't like to sit. If I had to warn about one thing it would be the damn fuse block. Not so much the fuses but the internal printed circuit board and the terminal strips that plug into it. I've replaced mine once already and it's starting to act up again. It isn't a bad part....it's a bad design. When you replace the fuse block with a new one you are merely putting in a new part which hasn't failed yet.
    Don't forget....when you think about it...the Mondial is doing pretty well for a 17 year old daily driver with 90,000 miles on her! How many American cars are running around at that age and mileage?
    One more thing....she likes opera. Italian opera. I sing to her every night, and if you ever heard my singing...it's amazing she runs at all. ;)
    Enjoy your Mondial!

Tom

2. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Tom

Well Done! 90K miles is one hell of an acheivement. My suggestion is get back behind the wheel and dont stop driving until you reach 100K! How many of the mile have you put on? What ever it is I know there were serious smiles per mile.

Dave - I doubt i'll be catching up in a hurry. My car was a garage queen, hence low miles. I planned on driving it everyday, but only drove it yesterday for the first time in 5 months!

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    That's weird, mine does as well. But it likes Andrea Bocelli more than me.
    :)

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Both of mine respond to swearing in Italian. Never tried singing to them...

5. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    "Rachel", being an F-car, loves hearing me say the F-word - but only directed at other cars and drivers - and always under my breath so as not to evoke road rage:) She also likes jazz - Miles & Coltrane.

6. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Dave,
    LOL. Hey. I've got an idea. Each of you lend me your cars for a month. I'll get their mileage up. :)

7. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Adnaan,
    I've had it for 4 years. When I picked her uo in San Antonio, TX, 12/00, she had 30,000 miles on her. I didn't drive her in 02 due to health issues. I truly love to drive her as it makes even a trip to the grocery store fun. Some have said that by driving her so much I'd lose that special feeling. Nope. Hasn't happened. :)

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Tom, did you put all those miles on your car, single handedly or did you buy it used...? Either way, i think it's awesome that you put all those miles on it... Congratulations... You're an excellent example of what it means to be a Ferrari owner... :)

9. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    He's had it 4 years and put 40K miles on it... And didn't drive it in 02.

10. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Patrick, I actually put 60,000 miles on it.

Carbon, thanks.

Tom

11. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Wow! Good to hear your enjoying your beautiful exotic!

Thats what they are made for! Driving!

Hats off you to sir!

12. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I cant believe you put on 60K miles in just 4 years! Thats fanstastic. I wish I could use mine everyday, but its just not suitable to where I live. Im glad you're having a great time with the car though.

13. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Adnaan,
    The Mondial is suitable for all kinds of conditions. Just put on a set of new all-weather tires and your good to go in rain, snow, slush, fog, night, day, etc.
    Try it. I guarantee you'll like it. The only down side is that since I always return home with a smile on my face my wife thinks i'm seeing another woman. ;)