Just How Many Boxer owners | Page 39 | FerrariChat

Just How Many Boxer owners

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Dec 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Peterson

John Peterson Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Montpelier, VT
    Full Name:
    John M. Peterson
    Hi Boxerman...Maybe I should be BoxerDoc. Attaching a short clip of the current exhaust system. At 2000 RPM or so, she jes "burbles" along, but at 3-4000 RPM or above she sounds like a full-on race car! The system was installed in 2011 and I've loved making the noise, but time to go back to the stock exhaust. Need the belt service over the Winter and will have both seats redone as well. Also have been having a problem with fuel flow. When the gauge shows jes a little below half a tank, the car starts sputtering and loses power. When I fill up, she only takes abt 14 gallons and then runs fine again. Any thots appreciated. Seems like both tanks are not being emptied...
    Jes discovered that the video file is too large to upload...:( If any other way for me to send you the clip, lemme know...Maybe WinZip? John

2. John Peterson

John Peterson Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Montpelier, VT
    Full Name:
    John M. Peterson

3. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Have you ever inspected the insert tank filter? Rust from the fuel gauge is prone to plug up the filter mask.

Best, Peter

4. John Peterson

John Peterson Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Montpelier, VT
    Full Name:
    John M. Peterson
    Thanks very much Peter...I'll definitely check that out...John

5. John Peterson

John Peterson Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Montpelier, VT
    Full Name:
    John M. Peterson

6. John Peterson

John Peterson Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Montpelier, VT
    Full Name:
    John M. Peterson
    May go to the 225s up front at the next tire change. Replaced both rears after a puncture on one last year.
    OMG...this is such a wonderful forum for Boxer folks!!!