Just moved to South Dallas | FerrariChat

Just moved to South Dallas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by 89vr, Apr 28, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 89vr

89vr Rookie

Apr 30, 2007
    Midlothian TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Marotti
    Hey Guys, new to the area, just moved 20 miles south of Dallas. Wondering if any other fcar owners enjoy working and fixin up their cars. I've got an 85 mondy qv, just finished up the major service and have to do a bumper refit w/ a late model mondy rear and a custom 348 nose. Always looking for help or people that enjoy taking a cruise every once and awhile.

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Welcome!

Come on out to Boardwalk Ferrari tonight, they're revealing the 458. No better way to meet the locals.

3. 89vr

89vr Rookie

Apr 30, 2007
    Midlothian TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Marotti
    Thanks, I'm back in VT right now for work, flying back to Dallas on friday. Are there a lot of local gtg's/shows?

4. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Cars and Coffee is at Classic BMW in Plano on the first Saturday of the month,from 8-noon. Usually pretty big.
    http://www.classicbmw.com/MiscPage_3

Cars and Bikes is like a smaller C&C,but just as good. It is on the last Saturday of the month,from the same times as C&C. It is at RUF Auto Center in Carrolton.
    http://www.racperformance.com/index.aspx?id=News

RUF is also putting on a track day and show at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson on May 22.
    http://www.motorsportranch.com/

We also have a pinned upcoming events thread for DFW in the Texas subforum,so check that out!

If you need anything for your Mondial,you have Boardwalk Ferrari/Maserati and RUF Auto Center.

5. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Welcome Chris! If you make it out to C&C this Saturday, look me up. They typically reserve the back row (north end of the parking lot) for the Italians. With the exception of a few walkabouts to check out the other cars, I should be hanging around near my 348 (red spider).

6. 89vr

89vr Rookie

Apr 30, 2007
    Midlothian TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Marotti
    Thanks guys, I'm going to try and make the shows this weekend, just need to convince the wife to tag along. She's never been to anything like this, so it should be a good time.

7. Noelani

Noelani Formula Junior

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    R
    I similarly wanted to (re-)introduce myself. Hello, I am Renee. On a whim I decided to take the bar exam in Texas, so in August I'll be moving to Dallas, where I will presumably need to purchase my first car. I know very little about both of those things (Texas, cars), but I do know where to find the experts. :)

8. 89vr

89vr Rookie

Apr 30, 2007
    Midlothian TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Marotti
    Hey Renee, welcome. I took my car out yesterday for a late night burn, had the whole front end off of it, got some good looks, had the license plate zip tied to the rad. Was driving around my small town and actually had some stupid harley guy fall off his bike because he turned his head so fast, he fell off. Pretty funny, he was idle at a light. I went to the local gtg's, they were ok, only saw a couple newer ferraris and a nice 355. Owners weren't around or didn't want to talk. A lot of lambos show up though.