Just picked up the 430 spider and 2006 M5!! | FerrariChat

Just picked up the 430 spider and 2006 M5!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by lapeter, May 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    #1 lapeter, May 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well the day/days finally came. I picked up the 2006 M5 on Thurs. and drove it 160 miles to Sun Valley. HOLY ****!!!! That car is unbelievable. I see why the nickname is the "beast" I just love it. It almost/maybe makes me want to get an F1 for the next Ferrari. The previous owner really took care of the car. It feels and looks brand new. I am sure the M5 is a fast as my old 360 spider. I am sooo glad I got the 430 spider. It would have been embarrassing to have my wife keeping up with the 360. The creature comforts are great and I think this is as good as it gets for any four door sedan. Now on to "beauty". The 430 spider is worlds apart from the 360. It is sooo much faster and the low end torque is impressive. Ferrari really got the exhaust sound right on this car, it is pure music. The interior is much nicer and yes it is worth the extra $70,000 from my 360. Would I have paid 80-100K over MSRP? I doubt it, but at MSRP it is the deal of a lifetime and not for resale for me. I don't know what the G spider is like, but I can't believe it is better than the 430 spider. Every time I go into the garage, I can get the grin off of my face. Both cars are the two best cars I have ever bought, and I have had some great cars over the years. I really love the Sabia interior with the black inserts, black piping and black stitching. The ball polished wheels really set off the car and I love 'em.
    Life is good,
    Al LaPeter
    PS I left my digital camera in Maui so I am posting "old photos" for anybody that didn't see them befroe.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Beautiful Al - it's about time! Love the interior choices!

3. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Awesome car....Are those wheels stock??

4. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats Al.
    Sabbia interior rocks!

If you think the SMG is good on the M5, the F1 on the F430 would blow you away.

5. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Those are the ball polished wheels option and they cost $1721 extra and worth it IMHO.

6. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Gorgeous interior! Any pics of the M5?

7. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Love the interior congratulations

8. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
  9. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Interested to hear you're pleased with the M5. I had a supercharged E34 M5 which I thought was wonderful, alongside my 98 355 F1 spider. Such different cars, such different enjoyment. I've since gravitated more to the next generation of M5s, the 400HP E39M5, which some consider the "perfect" combination of sports oriented saloon driving and HP/TQ. And so, with my CS in one bay, I almost bought a Stage 2 Dinan modified E39M5s (478HP) for the other bay.

The E60M5, which you have, hasn't appealed to me a lot because of reviews suggesting the complexity of electronics and need to select between 400-500HP mode is a bit of a pain, plus I don't like the styling much -- akin to the bulbuous 745/750 plus latest M6 (owned the first version as well).

Having said all this, I think the combo of exotic 430 spider plus quality setting BMW M5 4 door wonder is a match almost made in heaven. Let us know more about your enjoyment of the M5 and how it complements your more extreme stallion, the 430 spider. Cheers.

10. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Al,

Congrats!!! That was a hell of a wait to get to the cars!!! LOL!

The M5 is a beast and I would say faster than the 360. Drive her in P500S, S6 and hold on!

Hopefully you have some great weather to enjoy both cars daily!

Robert

11. babyruth95746

babyruth95746 Karting

Feb 11, 2007
    granite bay, ca
    Full Name:
    steve r
    wow what a perfect combo, good luck and please post more pics!

12. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Thanks Robert,
    How are you enjoying the new 360? It's a great car and there is nothing like a Ferrari.
    Al LaPeter

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    beautiful! that rims is shiny as hell...and that gear lever is really tempting :p:p

14. Cerberos

Cerberos Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Great combination Al. I first saw your new toys over on the M5Board and it's wonderful to see them here also. Congratulations.

15. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hey Al!

I am loving the 360!!!!!!!!!!!! Some many people said "there is nothing like a Ferrari" and I always thought "whatever, it can't be that great!". Well, they are all right!!! The steering is probably the greatest difference I noticed right away. Then, throttle response and engine "music"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and lets not even talk about the number of people that want to see the car! Hard finding the time to always be nice and show people around! I just don't want to come across as an ******!

Enjoy your Beast's!!!!!!!!!! Love that 430!!!!!

Robert

16. webster132

webster132 Karting

Aug 9, 2006
    Chicago/Malibu
    Full Name:
    David
    Congratulations on the car, alpeter. What a great combination with the M5. I hope your 360 found a good home too.

Next time you're looking to get a new car, I'd give the Lambos a spin as well, though. You might be surprised how much you might like the variety.

17. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Al, congrats on the beautiful two cars. You really know how to order them. Gorgeous combo.

18. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Congrats on the cars. The bmw is a nice sedan but, still a sedan.

19. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    It is a sedan, but where else am I going to put the wife and two dogs.
    Al

20. F430Rod

F430Rod Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2007
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Very nice! Congrats.

Dogs in the M5? Umm....

21. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Rod,
    I learned this a long time ago- "it's just a car". I do want to comment that as my 26 year old son is driving the car from Salt Lake City and I quote- "Dad, do you realize you are letting me drive a $300,000 car" PRICELESS!!!!. By the way and it is tradition, I let me son drive the 430 spider first (before me) for about 200 miles.
    Al

22. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Congratulations!
    Awesome interior!!! Very well done.

23. Challenge Stradale

Challenge Stradale Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2005
    SOBE!!!!!
    Full Name:
    M.A.A.R.
    Beautiful cars and welcome to the team.... I have The m5 when it came out and I love it everyday more and offcourse my 360 CS for the beautifull sunday rides which is my favorite ferrari ever... The best combination of cars congrats..

24. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Was the bmw your wife tax? It is a very good and fast car by the way.

25. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Actually my wife drives a BMW X5 4.8is and I think we will share the M5 driving when I am not in the 430 spider. Business trips that we drive to are better suited for the M5. Tough to raise retail tenants rent when they see the 430. BMW is a little lower key for my business.
    Al