458 - Just purchased a 2015 Italia 458 Speciale Aperta | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Just purchased a 2015 Italia 458 Speciale Aperta

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SD455TA, Nov 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Wow…so it probably was the car. Perhaps it was on consignment and then pulled. In any case, I remember staring at the car for 10-15 minutes. I thought it was the nicest 458 variant that I had ever seen. I seem to recall the price was either $649 or $689. Well bought my friend. That car is super special.

2. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Thanks again! I will leave that for your thoughts as to if it was but it sure is amazing what we can find out, and find, on the internet. It creates its own paper trail too, ha ha. You are right in there on the pricing but of course the $689 number is closer to it :mad:. The prices on these things are very hard to negotiate.

nmcclure and Thecadster like this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    You are right about negotiating. This spring, when I purchased my Pista, I found 5 that would have worked, and ultimately only one dealer was willing to negotiate even a single dollar. I must suck at negotiating.

4. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Very nice purchase on your part, I'll have to look for a pic of it. As a wise man said to me, "let those problems be those that money can cure, just be sure you have the money to cure them". I think we all stink at negotiating for one of these special rides and they know it. The part I hated most, but of course budgeted in, was paying the State taxes (Illinois, how awful) on the transaction since all they know how to do is spend other people's money.....and they are not good at doing that at all :eek:.

plastique999 and Thecadster like this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Here’s my post detailing my Pista acquisition. I was a VERY long journey. I couldn’t secure a new allocation, got my feelings hurt, bought other cars instead, then circled back to the Pista…. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/147906871/

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    If you got the SA for under 7xx you did well in today’s market.
    All SA’s are asking close to 800-1 mil, albeit low miles on those listed for sale.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scarfiotti355 likes this.
  7. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations enjoy in excellent health!!

SD455TA likes this.
  8. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

9. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

I did reply to your post and it showed up in the 488 Pista thread. Just wanted to be sure you saw that and besides its very easy for me to say it again how BEAUTIFUL she is.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. vforvictory

vforvictory Rookie

Apr 3, 2014
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Paul K.
    Very nice spec!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SD455TA likes this.
  11. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well done! Hope to see you out and about this spring at local events.

SD455TA likes this.
  12. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Thanks, I never thought I'd be able to afford one but with hard work things to work out sometimes!

13. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Thanks, I don't know, where are you located? I am outside of Chicago.

14. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Johnsburg, NW suburbs

15. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

That seems like a real nice place with all the lakes close by. I am in the western suburbs in Downers Grove and that is a pretty good haul to get either up there or down here. Lets see if any events maybe meet in the middle somewhere.

tickerhound likes this.
  16. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Great find! Congratulations!

SD455TA likes this.
  17. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Thanks, I did enjoy the hunt. Only wish I could have done my own spec from brand new...sure I know, good luck there.