JUST PUT THEM ON THIS WEEKEND ONE WORD "MEAN" | Page 2 | FerrariChat

JUST PUT THEM ON THIS WEEKEND ONE WORD "MEAN"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Buttuz4eva, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    From a practical perspective, having just spent the day cleaning the winter grit off my wife's car, those black wheels will really hide the brake dust, too! How often do good looks and practicality go hand in hand?

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Great. Look forward to seeing in person on 4/24 at ROE....

3. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Always been an advocate for black on black cars.

Looks fantastic!!!!

4. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Wow!!

To try to do this easy, pulling it off so most all F-car enthusists dont hate is difficult ( why needs to stay in a seperate thread ). I really like your car but might suggest to better pull it off is corrdinate the non black items to a tee. Such as suggested with either black horse and calipers OR both red, latter still doesnt sound right.

I really wish you had no Yellow side marker, Black and Red Now that is Demonic! I removed my side marker light, I know it is illegal, but it made a lot of diff. towards the one color theme!

The last time I had a car all blacked-out like yours which was only a 914 it attracted cops like flies on $#it.

5. phantasms

phantasms Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2003
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Gene
    Looks sick. Just don't go blowing past any cops on the way to McDonalds and you'll be fine.

I'm thinking powder coat the Ferrari letters black and the horse red. If you don't like it make them both black.

6. banduga

banduga Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Nice! A total stealth look. It might be a bit too much for me personally, but I still thinks its a great look.

I'd really like to see a yellow body with black wheels as well.

7. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I love the black and red combination. Those red calipers really stand out now. The car looks great.

8. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I like it. Might as well black out the tail lights while you're at it.

9. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #34 Buttuz4eva, Apr 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    O.K. alot of good responses , more than I thought thats for sure I find it funny how all you have to do is turn your wheels to black and all of the sudden it's a import or ricer car. So I guess when you watch 12 hours at sebring or 24 hours lemans all those cars are riced out and a track 360 is a riced out race car when I think of riced out I think of cheasy and the fact that i just turned a standard black 360 in to a import show car by makeing the wheels black blows my mind. Anyway for me the calipers really stand out now and so do thouse center caps being yellow. There is not to much yellow but just the right amount reason being the hood badge is yellow and the side shields are yellow they are not in the picture because one cracked and had to send it back waiting for my new set today. On a different note to all the guys and girls out there who dont like it. Relax its not like I took this italian art and through a steel gas cap on it or got a new hood with vents every where, or put a huge spoiler on the back and put this $10,000 sound system with tv's and stuff or put 20 inch spinners if anything I made it look like a true aggressive race car because thats what it is a race car. Not some panzee ass car rolling down the street saying who wants to go to the hamptons for some tea. Instead it's saying WHO WANT'S RIDE INTO THE FIRE OF HELL AND BACK AGAIN.
    As for the horse I am going black red is a good idea but i dont want a straight row of red across the grill it might look like a light instead. Maby some one won't know what kind of car it is and gett a little closer to see that evil black horse on the back and put a smile on his face. Some of you are most likely saying to yourself why would he not want people to know that he is driving a ferrari. The mater of fact is I am not a ego maniac and the true car fanatic will know what kind of car it is those are the people that that matter in my eyes to stop and chat with not the guy that says yo doesnt BEN AFFLECK have that car ?

AS for the personalized plate goes I like your suggestions but I have one and it represents one thing.......................
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That car looks so badass... Are the windows tinted...? If not, are you going to tint them...?

i think if you paint the Horse black, it'll be hard to see; a red Horse over an all black car (but with red calipers) will just make it look like the Ferrari 360 Mephisto that it already is... That car is, literally, hell on wheels... Painting the Horse red will match the calipers, so maybe you should do both the Horse and the word Ferrari... Either way, the car looks so badass... Cops will be SCARED to pull you over...

11. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    There is a 575 floating around Hong Kong that is all black, all the trim, badges, exhaust, tinted windows, you name it it is black. All it needs now is some big ass spoilers and flared guards Koenig style.

I think the owner should have the car taken off him, like the SPCA do with neglected or abused pets.

But it's your car, do what you want.

12. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    YES they are tinted 35% I am doing the windshield 50% thursday I hope and yes once and a while I drive down jerico tpk in commack I heard that there is a good car wash there is that true?

13. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    yeah !!!!!! gene , first post huh keep em commin....

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    One to show a shiny powdercoat, the other paint with less gloss.

15. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I think powder coat black as for the letters they dont bother me so much even if the horse was polished i would like it better than chrome!

16. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

If they do an "A-Team" movie they can use your car. Don't know if Mr. T will fit in there though....B.A. Baracus!

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Bradley, yeah, there's a few good car washes; you probably want to go to the hand car wash... i'd give a kidney if you could call me when you're down there; i'd love to swing by and pop off a few shots with the camera...

EVERYONE should come to Commack...!!! :D

18. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    better yet I will cruse on down to miami and hang out with CROCKET. I could always roll my sleaves up halfway on my dinner jacket and get a aqua t-shirt to match my white pants. Then me and him could shave off TOM SELLICKS mustache.

19. yasir

yasir Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    On a Black car i would have either gone with highly polished wheels or black with polished lips.Anyway if it makes you happy then thats what matters.O btw beautiful car.
    Later, Yasir

20. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I say it is your car, you like it, and that is all that matters. I think it looks sharp.

21. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I DO! I DO!!

I have seen other cars that have been blacked out like this, specifically camaros, and mustangs. But i think this is an interesting touch. I don't know how well blacking out the "Ferrari" will be, I could see the horse though. I guess maybe a powder black on the Ferrari and horse. I think it should still stand out, but blend in, if that made any sense at all.

I don't think they aim for your car though, don't they need a flat surface to get a good return signal?

22. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I like the Red Horsey!

Laser's usually are aimed at a reflective surface such as license plates, headlights etc. I was told that since my 308 was black an no front plate it would be nearly impossible to laser. I have went flying by two lasers so far but who knows!