Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JERRYZ, Feb 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    OK, let me know when you've turned in your car, but don't wait for me. ;)

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well we could kill off half of the adult population of developed countries.....that would help.

We cant build more roads because the environmentalists won't let us. Any US city built since the start of the 20th century has little or no centralization so public transportation is for the most point pointless and people who can telecommute already are.

Looks like plan A is our best bet.

If Scotty could just beam me to work I'd be happy.

3. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Temporarily, yes. But at some point, a mysterious transporter accident would deliver 'Evil Rifledriver' goatee and all, doing visual inspections of belts, reusing discarded ignition coils, installing oversize chrome spinner rims, and telling us that 10 year old tires are "Good enough. Loads of tread left."

No thanks. The risk is just too great.

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    haha...

5. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
  6. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

Nice bounce...finally had earnings 205

7. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    TSLA down 20% for the year, so far.

8. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    And probably exactly where it was when this thread originated

9. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Telsa will go up big time.

10. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Write when they actualy make a profit not including bogus eco green rebates and subsidies.

11. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

367.34 I hope the OP is still in...

12. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    I couldn't live with hearing PWM hum over Exhaust V8 goodness...
    Acceleration is cool, but I'm the type that would take a good sounding slower V8 over a faster Turbo Charged V6
    Too each their own tho

Just realized this was a Dino thread...

13. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Plenty of time to still buy some Macy's stock before it zero's out.

14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Tesla will have to make a profit at some point. They can't keep bleeding money month after month. Investor money will eventually dry up.

15. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    ADMP is equally as frustrating.

16. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    Buying single company stocks is a bad strategy these days, too many better options in mutual funds in my opinion

17. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    For long term hold, maybe, but I bought Tesla at $180 and Apple at $92. I'm pretty happy right now.

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They keep borrowing more and more, Tesla board is not transparent = red flags.

19. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Yes in Feb of 2014 it was at a high of $240/share. It's now over $300. So I agree with you to buy low and sell high.

20. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Like I said I lost interest in Ferrari so that's why I haven't been here for quite a while. I finally came back because I was at the Tesla Design Center last Thursday where the Roadster was released. I was curious what Tesla attackers from a few years ago were now saying. For $200k you can get a Tesla that looks like an exotic and OUTPERFORMS every exotic ever made. 620 miles of range. First production car to ever beat a 9 second 1/4 mile. It may not handle as well as an exotic on the track but what percent of miles driven are on a track?

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This car doesn't exist and probably never will but they do need the hype...

22. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    I am not a trader so still long. I plan on holding these shares until the middle part of the next decade. So all of this fluctuation in between is just noise.

There is no competition coming from the big boys. Why do you think the Mercedes S class has seen declining sales every year since Tesla has been in full production? That is their flagship product. They claim they will have a competitive product in the next decade.That is a full 8 years of getting their ass handed to them. They would have had a competitive product on the road now if they knew how to build efficient EV's.

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Thread created Feb 11, 2014.

Tesla closed at 196.62 that day. Today 308.74. $0 in dividends. Up 57%.
    VOO (S&P500 ETF) closed at 166.75 that day. Today 237.21. $14.74 in dividends since then (link) so total $251.95. Up 51%.

VOO is still better simply because it has far less volatility than Tesla. Tesla's 6% advantage is not worth that risk.

carguyjohn350 and Ripped Fat like this.
  24. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    The prototype was giving test rides last Thursday night, the car does exist. And Elon ALWAYS delivers, he's just usually late. Big deal.

25. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    That's funny that you think you are teasing us Tesla drivers with your exhaust note. We are actually laughing at your old technology as it is farting into the air. I used to love a good exhaust note. I modified my 430 to make it raspier and it sounded so sweet. But then the light went on and I realized i was driving old technology and the exhaust note represented that. When I hear a loud exhaust note today I comment "big bark, little bite". The exhaust "implies" top performance because that's what it meant in our recent past. But now I know that my car is MUCH faster than the noisy farter.

Change takes time. Some people still chrome their wheels. Some people took forever to give up the tactile buttons of their Blackberry before they realized the world had left them behind for a smartphone. I prefer to embrace change when that change is a better product. So my silent Tesla acceleration satisfies me in knowing it's faster than any gas powered car on the road.