Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA | Page 50 | FerrariChat

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JERRYZ, Feb 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Both Tesla and Ferrari stock appear to be highly inflated, having no rational nexus to the EBITDA. Love the Ferrari products, Tesla not so much.

2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    My TSLA strategy has been very conservative compared to many others I’ve read about or shared within my circle. I’m 80% dollar cost avg’ing shares, 20% options...been on this wild ride since the $3-400s.

I have been contemplating changing my approach to 60/40 because the FOMO on options is real...

3. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    “Nothing sedates rationality like large doses of effortless money.”

-Warren Buffett

anunakki, ChipG and NuorderSG like this.
  4. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I bought my model 3 a year ago. Had I bought the equivalent amount of stock instead, it would be worth $500k+ now. Crazy.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    If you guys are still holding at $2,000 now I don't understand how you do it. How do you resist the temptation to sell???

6. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    #1231 JERRYZ, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    Tesla's batteries are cobalt and nickel with a splash of lithium. No rare earth minerals. Also, EV's generate 50% of the emissions of gas powered cars in California. Big difference.

7. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    I bought some Jan calls 1 1/2 years ago and they are up 53x as of today. Thank you ELON

8. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Waiting for the story to develop:

1) License battery tech to rest of industry
    2) Figure out autonomous driving first and license it
    3) Take all of rideshare with autonomous
    4) Energy storage
    5) Own auto insurance (only Tesla has autonomous data to price it)

and the list goes on...

DefunctNeurons and anunakki like this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You did absolutely fabulous with this call! Very very well done!!

anunakki and JERRYZ like this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Question now is ,will you sell some Tesla to buy a Ferrari or two?

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes, if Tesla is able to capitalize on those areas and move away from mainly cars then they have reason to justify the big market cap and growth of it. It will be interesting to see how their battery and autonomous tech compare to the competition in 5 years to justify a competitor willing to pay for theirs instead of someone else.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. RMSK

RMSK Rookie

Jul 31, 2020
    Louisville
    Full Name:
    RMSK
    I've driven the Tacan turbo S and boy it's quick and handles better than the Telsa....but doesn't way the soul of my 812. Give it a few years and we won't have any choice at lease now we do!!

Caeruleus11 and NuorderSG like this.
  13. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

I mistyped, I meant rare earth metals.

In any case, yes it is true that emissions for ICE are higher at point of use. No surprise.

However even the miniscule amounts of Cobalt needed leave a trail of devastation so sinister that King Leuopold comes out looking like saint from his legacy in the Congo.

I can see that I pushed the buttons of a Tesla Fanboy. I don't hate EVs, I have nothing against them in terms of their existence. However, I do find them boring, unimaginative, and primarily made for families, commuters, the cost conscious, and poor drivers who need Autopilot to drive safely.

What I dislike about the Teslarati is the hypocrisy. But no, I believe EVs have a place and a function to preserve California while polluting Africa, China, and whatever other developing country we wish to exploit so we can be Woke and feel better about ourselves with $20 avocado toast.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2018/09/26/blood-batteries-cobalt-and-the-congo/amp/

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Hopefully something like an Aluminum ion battery can be made. Most plentiful metal in the earth's crust and has 3 valence electrons, which is better than Lithium in that with one. Light weight still and better energy density than Lithium (over 1000 Wh/kg vs only over 400 for Lithium as limits). Solid state glass batteries will probably happen first unfortunately...not much development going on in aluminum area.

NuorderSG likes this.
  15. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Great question. Not until they come out with an electric car that would be faster than the Roadster with SpaceX package.

Dom likes this.
  16. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Be sure to tune in to Battery Investor Day on 9/22.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  17. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Yes, because your oil spills and extra emissions are soooo much better. Look it up, cobalt, nickel and lithium are responsibly produced by responsible miners who sell to responsible companies. You are starting to sound like a troll and I have fun beating down trolls.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  18. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

No one is beating up or down anyone. This is not the place to trade insults and invectives. Let's just leave it at that.

19. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    I agree but you are the one who has tried to enter mistruths and FUD into the conversation. Please be factual if you are going to contribute to this topic.

DefunctNeurons and Jaguar36 like this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    JERRYZ and anunakki like this.
  21. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I've been reading this thread since Day 1. Kudos and GJ.

What an investment and story behind it all.

Now lets go back to pages 1-10 and pull out some funny replies of how this will never work.

DefunctNeurons and JERRYZ like this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The thing is we congratulate, and I do believe he has positions but who truly knows;) it’s the Internet after all;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    True, that being said - I personally know many folks that had similar sentiments as @JERRYZ. I personally have no shares, but I've had folks here vehemently tell me Tesla would never get this far. Even Tesla were to crash tomorrow - people made money hand over fist.

JERRYZ and anunakki like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

https://apple.news/A8qrUX2fWQu2ezNQ3nyvWYw

There is also a lot of this;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  25. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #1250 freshmeat, Aug 22, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    You do realize there is a 5-1 split happening right? Today was the last day to capitalize on that, anyone selling shares today is well, kinda silly. One but has to look at what has happened w AAPL after it split 4 times.

I closed all my contracts today, kept all 310 shares...will get options again after the split. I expect a dip next week, and a lot of sad robinhooders who will lose their shirt on options.