Just Turned 40,000 Miles on my 355 | FerrariChat

Just Turned 40,000 Miles on my 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by ADSA95, Oct 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ADSA95

ADSA95 Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Bedford, NH
    To all of you who own these awesome cars, get out and use them!! I just turned 40,000 miles on my 355, while they are fun to own they are even better to get out drive them. They are the perfect balance of power and performance for the road, and of course absolutely nothing sounds as good as we all know. Get out this weekend and enjoy yours....... AL

Fmuto42, Boaf 32, ernie and 3 others like this.
  2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Congrats. They are great cars to drive. Post up a photo.

Robb

3. ADSA95

ADSA95 Karting

Nov 28, 2010
    Bedford, NH
    Here it is..... Disclaimer, I have done a lot to this car including engine out service completely torn down with new valves, valve guides, replaced water pump, etc. rebuilt shocks, new brakes wheels and tires, new headers, got all the stickies done, new dash etc but the point is if you take care of these cars they are great to own.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Fmuto42, crinoid, ernie and 3 others like this.
  4. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    Absolutely. 100%.... I have clocked 50K+ and will get more ... can never have enough of this car. I am in Dubai and it's just started to cool down. Annual service is done and I can not wait to drive the car more.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Robb likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    well done! how many miles have you put on yourself over how many years??

6. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    They are for driving.

When my 348 went in for a bit of paint correction they were just finishing off a full bare metal respray and retrim on a 355 with 86K miles on it.

So a few of you have a bit of catching up to do;)

7. Buzzl

Buzzl Formula Junior

Thats great to hear. Looking forward to clocking miles on mine. Pervious owner obviously did not enjoy the car like I plan to as it only has 17,500 miles.

8. Zbaroom

Zbaroom Karting

May 27, 2012
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Zaini
    Around 20k in 8 years.

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    and it still runs!!!
    :)
    awesome car

crinoid likes this.
  10. JohnsonsMedia

JohnsonsMedia Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2009
    AZ
    im about to roll 47k, just got the major done, added some original challenge wheels with TI wheel bolts and had a paint correction. LOVE this car, its so pretty!

11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Great to see. Those BBS wheels, did you have to modify them at all? Are they 360 ones or did you buy a smaller size?

12. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Cool. Not driven mine in months . About to change that over the next few days

ryalex likes this.
  13. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Took mine out for a ride this weekend, probably the last ride for the year as the weather is headed to crap. Weather was cool and sunny, and the car ran great. Total for this year was 550 miles, bringing the odo to 25714.:)

carnutdallas likes this.
  14. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    64k miles on my 95B, put 40k of those on myself. Am I the only one who has done a 30k major after actually driving 30k miles?

Love this car, it’s my favorite and the one I’m most attached to. 12 years I’ve had it now.

15. Affordable Supercar

BANNED

Aug 20, 2018
    No you are not: I do my own oil /transmission fluid changes at 10,000 miles or nearly exactly one year, and 30,000-mile services about every three years. There is no magic about Ferrari engines: they will last just as long as any other high-strung motor when properly maintained. Actually, in my experience these cars will do much better when driven regularly and extensively.

16. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Awesome! 10k a year is badass, keep it up.