Just wondering if anyone got any idea with this problem | FerrariChat

Just wondering if anyone got any idea with this problem

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by nicknags, Mar 21, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nicknags

nicknags Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    Hi All, just wondering if anyone has any idea what is wrong with my current issue.

My gear selector, VDA and Light switch are all working fine but they do not light up like they used to. I was looking at the fuse manual, do not managed to find any info on this.

Just wondering if its a broken fuse issue and where to locate the fuse that serves these items .

2. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    What car model and year are you needing help with? What is your VDA, Gear selector (Paddles?) and lights please supply a picture and a little more information and someone might be able to help.I had backlighting issues on a 458 tachometer and it was some blown transformers on the motherboard of the instrument cluster.

3. nicknags

nicknags Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    Hi its a 2011 458 Italia .

4. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    I have this same issue in my steering wheel.

All functions work, but the backlights dont. Please let me know if you find a fix.

5. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    The electrical guru on these cars might be able you Try a pm to Qavion. He has a lot of the wiring diagrams for these cars. I do know that my backlight didn't function on the tachometer and I had a issue with my instrument cluster after the software upgrade for the brake recall on the 458 in that it was damaged. In the interim they discovered that several transformers controlled the backlighting of the cluster and screens were out and the instrument cluster required a complete rebuild with a new motherboard. Kudos to FAI in Costa Mesa for this help. This company helps most Ferrari dealers across the country with these instrument cluster issues.

6. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ouch - not derail this thread, but are you implying that the brake recall procedure caused you instrument cluster problem?

7. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    It has been reported especially if there are video modifications to the cluster that are aftermarket. I don’t know what caused it in mine. Dealer thinks it was a coincidence ??? Check thread on 458 brake recall. There are some reports of that happening. FAI. had also seen it on several of his repairs. Mine included.

8. nicknags

nicknags Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    I found the culprit fuse, it was located in the glovebox, side hidden corner.

After taking out almost every single fuse in the car and eventually found it

Ivan Drago and Boiler Inspector like this.
  9. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Do u know which fuse it was?

I want to check mine.