Karting - who's serious? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Karting - who's serious?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bobafett, Nov 10, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    it is actually a frame from digital video. my cousin dropped the camera when I rolled right in front of him, so he didn't get all the action. too bad. I got lucky, I landed on the grass, heard my spine crack and was wondering if I would be able to move my legs when all was said and done. Thankfully, I was.

that was the third time I flipped, in about 40 races or so. no footage of the first two unfortunately.

I would be really interested in getting into karting here in the U.S., but there are too many classes it seems. I would like to run in a class where there is no tuning involved, show up and drive, homologated equipment keeps costs down and fun up. I prefer an even playing field. Would Rotax Max do that for me? What classes have large starting fields?

2. ART360

ART360 Guest

The 100 class is relatively slow without a lot of tuning. I had a client from your country: Fredrik Ekblom, you may have heard of him, drove for Audi and BMW.

Art

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Bobafet..Get Art to join me at Atwater again and I will bring both of my 100cc carts. I have all the gear you will need. It's a blast!

4. ART360

ART360 Guest

What's Sunday's weather going to be like?

Art

5. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Art,

Welcome back.

Keep me posted on this I would like to try and make it out one of these times as well. Looks like a blast.

Vincent.

6. ART360

ART360 Guest

Vincent:

That will be perfect. I've asked Peter if Sunday will be good weather and if he's going to Atwater. Looks like the Van is coming back on Sat with posi tracison rear end, and hopefully all the air leaks, and rattles fixed and ready for paint. You'll need a helmet, gloves, jeans and boots. I've got the collars, etc.

Let's see how things go.

By the way, Brad just called earlier, and we ordered with the factory, my new 360, for approximatey August delivery. Red/Tan, Sunroof.

Art