Keels and Wheels 2018 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Keels and Wheels 2018

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ross, Mar 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    As discussing with MobileJay earlier today-

I was surprised not to see:
    LaFerrari
    Enzo
    F50
    F40
    355 Coupe
    as I know they are "hidden" throughout the Houston area. (multiples of each...)

I was surprised to see:

2 Challenge Stradales
    16M
    512 with just a hair over 10,000 miles. This car was stunning/rare.
    355 Spyder in Grigo Ingrid
    New Ford GT

It was also good to see the same Porsche Supercars that were also at the Porsche Club show in Kemah back in March.

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    all of those cars exist in houston, and i have seen them.
    but not everybody is an exhibitionist, or wants to hang out in a scorching hot parking lot for two days on the dock in seabrook.... :)

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    And let’s remember it isn’t free either. By the time I write a check to the charity (which is the major expense), transport, clean, buy a few drinks, etc, it is a $1,000 weekend for me.

4. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I heard my buddy Tomy won best Exotic with his new white / blue stripe GT. There is always a crowd around that car, and Tomy gives kids a ton of 1:43 GT's when they come look at her.

5. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Both good points however,

It was warm not hot. Living in Seabrook for 32 years Hot/Humid makes a statement. When you are soaking wet from head to toe, then you know you have been had. We hit mid 80's last Saturday which is perfect in my book. Concrete is concrete it is what it is.

Fair point on the missing cars on my checklist. I was expecting "more" from a show that the "Marques" was Ferrari + Supercars. Over the years at this show I have seen all the cars on my list minus the LaFerrari. They certainly exist in Htown. (Seen many)

Dave, your are correct, I remember when Wheels and Keels was $8 a ticket. $40 at the gate these days is a bit steep and the beer is not free either. I compare it to a ball game a prepare accordingly each year.

The "proceeds" go to the Boys and Girls Harbor in La Porte, TX. Over the years my wife and I have donated many of items to them including Bicycles, Clothes, $, etc. In my world, NO KID show be deprived of a bicycle!

Still a damn good show as usual. I appreciate those who contributed as a spectator or a presenter. It's always good to have you guys down for the first weekend in May every year. Looking forward to 2018 and presenting either the Porsche Turbo or the Ferrari 355/575 that keeps evading me...

Cheers, Mat

RyanFoH and Texas Forever like this.
  6. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Yes this guy was extremely nice to those who came near his car. (Well at least from what I noticed.) I have a video of the car running, let me see if I can post it.

7. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Nope! Not any more. Can you believe it? Someone complained about the name of the organization not including transgendered, etc, etc, so they had to change the name to "Today's Harbor for Children".
    Pure lunacy!

8. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Holy sh--. Are you serious? What is going on in the world today?

I did not even notice, goodness gracious...

9. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    A charity, yes a CHARITY, that is in the business of giving away money so some kid can have a hot meal, clean clothes, or maybe a bicycle, has to buy a new website, design a new logo, new stationary, file and pay the fee to numerous government agencies, lose its name recognition, and on and on, all because......

I need to stop or I'll get sent off to P&R. Sorry, its just so ridiculous. My apologies.

QSA, willrace and Texas Forever like this.
  10. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    What’s P&R? Are comments like the above really that risky here at F-chat? Would a comment about my car identifying as a La Ferrari be offsides?

Per the charity, they house neglected and abused children and try to prepare them to be on their own. That last part is key as lot of people don’t realize that options for these kids disappear fast as they approach 18 and can’t stay at “children’s” facilities.

Missed K&W the last few years, but sounds like I may have seen more of the marque 10-15 years ago. Still my favorite car show. I’d pay more if they did it in the cooler months.

11. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Wow that LM, have to go next year!!

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks for all the pictures everyone!

Glad to see you went dstacy!
    I hated to miss but had a conflict.

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I had hoped that was his car!!

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The heat has rolled on early this Spring.....