Keeping the circuit Green | FerrariChat

Keeping the circuit Green

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Anthony_Ferrari, Oct 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    http://www.gp2005.com/news/controller.php?lang=en&theme=default&team_id=0&month=10&seasonid=2&nextMode=GpNewsForm&news_id=15383

I thought this sounded interesting:
    I think cleaning the circuit is a good idea. I also think they still need to reduce aero and braking power. This would all encouraging overtaking and closer racing.

2. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    That's about a dumb idea - it would require more equipment at every race (except for Spa as rain is a given) and someone to operate it which translates into more costs therefore most likely passed on to the ticket purchaser - tickets are high now. Next thing you know, will be F1 racing in a dome in artificial, climate controlled conditions.

Carol

3. bretm

bretm F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2001
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Bret
    They could just limit aero, or get rid of wings all together; that would be too easy though I'm afraid...

4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    crappy idea...don't like the sound of it...let the race just go on naturally...

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I think it's a good idea only if it makes every race as exciting as Suzuka this past season. Bring it on!

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Oh my god. Well, why stop there? Why not flood the track before each race to ensure exciting, wet-weather racing! Wait...even better yet...FREEZE the surface! That should affect grip levels.