Kentucky Fried Chicken | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Kentucky Fried Chicken

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Nader, May 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    Thanks, Tom! But I am just a man (with five cars), who has an occasional hankering for KFC.

2. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    After a grueling evening of second grade science fair chaos, on an empty stomach, the only remedy would be KFC on the way home. I went for popcorn chicken dipped in alternating buttermilk ranch and gravy. Cole slaw is for the wife, because I'm a caring and giving husband.

I'll share this with you. A little while back I got to use a $100 gift card for the local high-end steak house (Daniel's). I still had to fork over another $200 to feed my small family there. This $13 KFC meal, tonight, is better to me than the overpriced porterhouse, filet, and NY strip we ordered that night. Maybe it's the craving talking. Maybe it's the cheapness. But I think I can eat this KFC until I can't physically get it down my gullet.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

anunakki likes this.
  3. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Love this thread! The pics of the Ferrari going thru the drive-up cracks me up! Any new pics to share?

We only have Popeye's near us, and your a braver man than I am for subjecting your Ferrari to that lingering greasy aroma! Whenever I pick up Popeyes, I always stash it in the drink to minimize the smell.

4. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Someone in silver mentioned going to KFC the other day.... I'm a fast food junkie. So that mention led to a KFC craving or Taco Bell, as the nearest KFC too me also has them in the same location. I decided to get popcorn chicken and a small potato salad. It hit the spot....... I eat in the restaurant and I was in my truck. Don't want greasy fast food in it.......

5. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    Thanks for following!

As a matter of fact, I did recently enjoy another KFC feast. Turned it into a picnic at a park for the family. I'm gradually indoctrinating them to appreciate those secret but delicious eleven herbs and spices...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc and piratepress like this.
  6. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Oh man that looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I must add
    Every thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, or anytime we need gravy, I zip out and buy a tub or two from KFC. Pour it in the gravy boat and guests always ask about the “best gravy” and when I tell them it’s KFC they think I’m joking! Oh well!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Nader likes this.
  8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Thanks for the hot tip!

"I am weak-ish on snatch" ~ joker57676

9. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I get the gravy for my fries. I've never tried it with the chicken, except popcorn. KFC is one of the few fast food places here that doesn't have poutine on the menu. I can't eat fries without at least gravy.

10. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    If ever in NC, near Winston Salem...check out ‘Mountain Fried Chicken’....best fried chicken in the country imho.

In AZ, check out Welcome Chicken & Doughnuts or Lolo’s Chicken & Waffles....yum

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
  12. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
  13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Shoulda drove the Toyota Land Cruiser. Could have held more KFC than the Beemer!
    T

14. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    The FJ40 has not yet had its time in the KFC limelight. Eventually…

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    KFC use to be my favorite, original recipe. It may still be my favorite fried chicken recipe, but I can't stand the commercials last couple years and more often we choose Chicken Express. Their chicken not good as original recipe, but much better side selections like corn fritters.

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I find myself gravitating to Popeye's when I get the infrequent urge for chain fried chicken.

Rob - have you tried the Lo-Lo's in Southlake?

T

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, I like for the chicken & waffles, but prefer Babe's for just chicken.

18. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I live on the border of the town to the west of me... My towns KFC sucks. But discovered the location in the next town is closer to my house. Its a lot better. My town of 150k actually had three locations. One was closed a few years ago. Still odd we have two, that can survive here.

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  20. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    Thanks for the heads-up, Jason.

I love pickles. I've deep fried them with success. I'll eat a whole jar on my own during a race weekend (I race a vintage car and motorcycles); they are an excellent track food.

So I finished some errands today, and rewarded myself with some KFC pickle-flavored tenders. Not very pickle-flavored, especially when dipped in the side sauce. But since it's KFC, they're still good. Ended up just stacking the warm pickle slices on the tenders and eating them that way, without dipping. Enjoying them with both a nice Ethiopian coffee bean latte brewed by my Jura espresso machine, and also a mediocre 12 year old single malt Scotch.

And thank YOU, Colonel.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^LOL. I immediately thought of Nader once I'd seen Jason's post. Well done.

Now on to the Ethiopian coffee. Where from? I'm a big fan, especially the Yirgacheffe. Used to roast my own Yirgacheffe from green coffee beans before my roaster broke. Makes a great espresso.

T

22. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
  23. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    tomc and TexasF355F1 like this.
  24. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's awesome. It looks good.

25. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    An e30 dash that's not cracked and fried chicken. Love it.