Kev Hedges of Hedges Wealth Management | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Kev Hedges of Hedges Wealth Management

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Europeanroadandracing, Oct 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    😃

2. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    This has to be the best thread.... ever!!.... of ANY forum!! I mean... it went on for just 3 months shy of three years :D

This guy really opened up a can of worms for himself, huh? And over $900.00???

My last bill with Karl was $13k which was a combination of replacing bent valves and a major on my 550 Maranello. I hadn't called Karl continuously for price updates. My car was sick and I just wanted it fixed. So when the car was ready, I bummed a ride to Charleston, SC, was presented the bill, and I paid!

I dunno. Maybe I'm the dumb-dumb here.

Karl.

Could I have paid you $400 bucks and paid you the other $12,600.00 later after I "moved some things around"? :D That probably would've been more believable, actually. A flag should have gone up with you for someone that needed to move things around to cover $900.00 LOL!!

Nice guys finish last :)

I'll be contacting you soon, Karl. I want you to perform some preventative maintenance on the 550 after seeing this scare:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/144964086-post45.html

There! Revived for 2017 :D

3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Holy thread revival Batman! But thanks because I just read the whole thread and it was hilarious. Old Kev shot his whole wad early on and was never heard from again! What a total ****** bag.

How's that lawsuit against us going Kev?

4. Impervious

Impervious Karting

Sep 20, 2010
    ...annndddddd we're back

5. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is there a Cliff's Notes to this thread.
    You'll never convince me Karl ripped off anyone.

I've had him meet me at his shop after C&C to do a quick diagnosis on a sound in the engine compartment. He refused to take money.

He quoted me a price to install my new TCU. Then charged me less because it didn't take as long as he had thought. Again he refused to take the full amount.

These are just two incidents I had in less than 2 years. This behavior isn't normally displayed by a scam artist.

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Kev had Karl do some work and didn't think he should have to pay the whole bill. Basically paid part of it and said he would send the rest. Never talked to Karl again and did not pay. Then when Karl posted about not doing business with him because he didn't pay Kev demanded the post be deleted as slander or he would sue everyone including Fchat and all of us. LOL

Then turns out he is really not the big investment guy that he portrays and we basically ripped him a new one.

7. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #432 desmomini, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I forgot about this one! Great to revisit.

Out of curiosity, I checked Google. Hedges Wealth Management is still a listed firm, but the Google Earth views of the business address are a bit...unconventional. All that's visible is a dirt road through the trees and shrubs. Poke around a bit and you'll eventually find a house with a broken down car (or, to be fair, what may be a 1990 Pontiac Grand Am in the midst of a loving restoration.)

I suppose there's something to be said for a financial advisor who is prudent enough to keep overhead so low.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    LMAO!!!

Guess we could give him some benefit of doubt. After all, Google Maps was responsible for a demolition crew taking down the wrong house :)

9. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I choked on my coffee reading this part lol

10. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #435 Genyosai, Jan 3, 2017
    OK. So Bing Maps shows the proper location lol!! Google doesn't know the address so it is defaulting to a Buncum Drive.

Still, 310 Seaport Lane #2121 Mount Pleasant, SC, 29464, United States is an apartment complex!

11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I actually had a chat with him IN PERSON at a holiday party monday before last.

He didn't know who I was... and the impression I get is the man is perhaps wiser and more contrite over the years. As I understand he hasn't done the wealth management for some time and isn't into the Porsches and Ferrari Owners club thing. He has a new internet venture and its doing well per him. My impression is he's not an evil person or a bad person... he made an arrogant decision. And Kharma.. well.. we all know Kharma.

I'm all for calling out BS.. and this thread has done just that. But there's a time to let it go... invest with him.. well not quite. ;) If it were me, I'd have apologized to Karl by now and paid him back (if I were able)...

12. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Agreed. I'm happy to let him invest $900 of my money, assuming he'll accept $400 as full payment.

13. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I agree as well. This is just my first time seeing the thread :)

LOL!! Right!

14. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    ahhh... This thread brings back such fond memories.

Is it true a movie is being made?

15. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #440 UroTrash, Feb 8, 2017
  16. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Fond memories....

17. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Wait a minute!?!?!?!? Its over?!?!?!? It just ends?!?!?!? Like that?!?!?

I just invested over an hour of my time reading this and it just ends with no resolution? Anyways. Hilarious. Great work, guys!

(Thinking about moving to Asheville, so I stumbled across this forum and thread)

Kevin

rob lay and JJ like this.
  18. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Asheville is a fun town!

kes7u likes this.
  19. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Is it sponsored by Hedges Wealth Management?

All the best,
    Andrew.

chipbiii and kes7u like this.
  20. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    If you look you’ll see the wealth management business is gone and now he is CEO of a company that helps people find nannies.