KILL BILL THREAD VOL 1/2 | FerrariChat

KILL BILL THREAD VOL 1/2

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tacoz4sale, Apr 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tacoz4sale

tacoz4sale Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    hey everybody. anyone see these movies yet? I personally thought it was awesome. I dont mean to start this thread whether it was an excellent movie or not, some may dissagree. the main point of this post is for soundtrack reviews and also other news.

I have noticed that the "man on fire" commerical with denzel washington is a TOTAL copy of kill bill through its dialogue. You see in the commerical that denzel says "revenge is a dish best served cold" ------which was basically the kill bill tag line!

incase for the ones who are looking for songs that are left out the sound track, here they are---

1-RZA & Charles bernstein-"crane/white lightling" (the cool song)

2-Quincy Jones-" ironside" (that song that plays when she sees her target)

3-Malcolm Mclaren-"about her" (that song that plays when she is watching tv)

4-Ennio Morricone-"death rides a horse" (that samurai song-excellent!)

5-Ennio Morricone-"navajo joe" (when she is walking in the desert-great song!)

2. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    Kill Bill ripped that "tagline": "Revenge is a dish best served cold", from an older, greater movie that I'm sure many here will name...

-DC

3. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I thought they were both good, but liked 2 a lot more than 1. Imo the first movie was very repetitive: (1) give some background on the villain (2) hero kills the villain (3) repeat (1)-(2) for another villain. #1 was basically an action movie with a Terintino bend to it-not that there is anything wrong with that. In the second movie I feel the dialog was the center piece and the action was there to support it. The exchange between Bill's brother and his boss was terrific-the same goes for the comic book analogy, and 'Black momba's' training sessions;)

4. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    The RZA does awesome stuff. Check out the soundtrack for Ghost Dog as well.

5. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    And, for those of you who saw the DVD "extra" of "Pancakes" on the Cabin Fever movie, showing a kid with waist length blond hair doing kung fu, to the tune of "Gay Bar," you will be totally laffing your ass off. Song is available as a single from a band called Electric 6.
    (I saw KB Vol. 1 for the first time a week or so ago, on DVD, on my newly rebuilt HT system. Loved it. Not sure that the DVD is reference quality, though.)

6. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes the like "Revenge is a dish best served cold" is a Klingon proverb said by Kahn in Star Trek II. However, I think it's a bit harsh to say the line was "ripped" from Star Trek II. Quenten did show recognition to Star Trek by showing the quote on the screen with stating it was a Klingon proverb.

7. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Just saw Vol.2.

****ing awesome.

Ernesto

8. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Just saw it today as well.. fun flick for sure. I especially enjoyed the editing during the training sequences that mimicked the old kung fu movies. Also you can't beat the old line "I killed your master.. and now I'm going to kill you.."

-R