Killer Tacos Kona | FerrariChat

Killer Tacos Kona

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Glassman, Dec 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I'm in Montana and had a couple of tacos at a local place for lunch. Christ....what a pile of crap. I'd give anything for a Short Board at Killer Tacos. The best I've ever had anywhere.....am I right??? Am I right????
    Pleeeeeessseeee roll me a Fatty!!!!

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

How long they've been in biz? Last time I was at Giovanni's shrimp truck - couple years ago - I don't recall them!
    T

3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

An institution on the BI
    Old Industrial area.
    A little slice of heaven.
    74-5483 Kaiwi St Ste 145, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI 96740-3186

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Aha. I see now. There's a business with same name on Oahu. Thanks...T

5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

I believe the Kona store was the first. The owner has a few more locations on other islands now. Next time give them a try, food is great, served in a plastic basket of course.....so old school Hawaii!!!!

6. jimiguy

jimiguy Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2010
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim Shaw
    I used to love going to the Taco Hut near Kailua Beach Park on Oahu. We would windsurf all morning, go to the Taco Hut for tacos and real margaritas and then back to the back to the beach for more windsurfing until dinner. Great fun! Some of my friends moved to Kailua after college, rented a condemned house and starting making sails. Together we bought a rusted-out truck for $100; spent another $100 on duct tape to hold it together and used it for several years to haul our gear to the beach. We sold it several years later for $100!

Such good times!

Jim