Kimi 2 more years..... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Kimi 2 more years.....

Discussion in 'F1' started by classic308, Aug 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

LOL

2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Well, one seat is being wasted. Vettel isn’t a waste. Kimi obviously is.

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i wonder just the same!

4. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    Kimi is currently 3rd in the driver's standings, ahead of Bottas. What more do you want from him? Seriously... I don't expect Kimi to overtake Hamilton in the standings, but if he remains in front of Bottas, he's done his job. I really don't understand why Kimi gets such hate, especially here. Yes, I'm a huge Kimi fan, for many reasons. Regardless of my Kimi bias, I can also be critical of him. IMO, Kimi is doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing. Frankly, if Ferrari gave Kimi the benefit of strategy priority a couple of times this season, he'd be quite close to Seb in points thus far.

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Bad luck = Bottas. Other than that Kimi is a non factor in comparison. Sorry. Bottas has been robbed of 2 wins. Bottas is in fact close to LH than last year in terms of pace. His Bottas, bad luck is why Kimi is where he is.

JJ and subirg like this.
  6. RallyeChris

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    You can play armchair Brundle all you want. You can even argue Kimi was robbed of a win or 2. Fact remains, Kimi P3, Bottas P4. Hindsight is always 20/20. Guess we'll see how much more "luck" Bottas and Kimi have by the end of the season.

7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    NEP likes this.
  8. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Well, we DID have Alonso. That didn't work out.

Ricciardo probably didn't want to play second fiddle to Vettel, and why should he?

william likes this.
  9. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    If they win the WCC this year he's earned it. It's been far too long and the Vettel/Kimi pairing means happy drivers that will work together.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Seriously. Alonso's masterful driving abilities are completely negated by his inability to put the team before himself. Wherever he goes problems follow. Good riddance.

Agent Smith and william like this.
  11. DF1

Facts dont lie. Kimi is a non factor. Take a look at Kimi vs FA. Thats where he rates. Right equal with Massa. Again Bottas has 2 wins taken away. He is the one worth noting not Kimi. Not anymore. Sorry. You are more than a Brundle yourself.

12. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Seriously, it was pure good luck that Bottas was even in a position to have his bad luck at Baku.

Kimi started out slow this season but has come on very strong and consistent of late. He is in front of Bottas because that is where the results put him, irrespective of anyone's luck.

13. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    He’s also there because he’s motivated to get a contract extension. Watch his form mysteriously evaporate the second he signs the paperwork. That is why he is a nobody. He isn’t motivated by the sport. He’s a total passenger unless he’s under the threat of being fired.

JJ likes this.
  14. DF1

He's consistent in that area(upping the pace to keep his job), and very inconsistent overall in most seasons since he was rehired by Ferrari. His history is easy to forget overall. Now he has a book out. Oh the irony of using the press he dislikes to make money from his 'fans' LOL. The situation is now just pathetic to me.
    He was destroyed by FA in equal machinery
    Beaten by Massa and it was on track to be 2 out of 3 years as Massa was beating him again before his accident in Budapest.
    He is getting older so reflexes and skill are dropping and we should keep him for 2 years to appease the coward Vettel who ran from Ricci. Im impressed as a Brundle LOL :) :)

subirg likes this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Alonso !!!!

But he was at Ferrari, created chaos, got people sacked, left them and then slagged them of !!!

Who would like to give hm a second chance when we saw the score at Renault and McLaren?

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Kimi over the hill ? I don't think so. He is more than a match for Bottas.

Vettel a coward ? He is just slightly behind Hamilton in terms of skill ( a tiny bit).

Ferrari has a very good pairing, one of the best, and equal to Mercedes, IMO.

17. RallyeChris

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    I find this motivation stuff a bit over-hyped. I mean, he finished 3rd and 5th in the WDC for Lotus back in 2012 and 2013. I don't think he even raced in the final 4 races in 2013 due to not getting paid. So, I'm fairly certain his stint at Lotus was for sport, as opposed to financial gain. Kimi and James Allison were a true developmental force. I was extremely excited when we got Allison at the Scuderia. I contribute a large portion of our current success in development due to their partnership. It was a shame losing Allison. Hopefully the current technical team can continue successfully where Allison left-off. I am also confident we would be, perhaps, dominant this year and into the next formula if Allison had stuck-around.

18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    James Allison had little to do with this years performance, that’s down to the skill and hard work of everyone at Ferrari currently, don’t give that lying, cheating snitch any credit for anything. I know, he had personal tragedy when he worked for ferrari, but he took the piss and then ****ed off to our main enemies, and since joining them, has tried to hobble our progress by lobbying to get parts and systems banned. He’s a classless little prick, and I hope ferrari make the final step necessary to send him and his team of wankers down the grid

stavura, sammysaber and fil like this.
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    tomc, mcimino, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  20. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Now that would be a sweet Ferrari

tomc and mcimino like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Way better than that SUV crap they're suposed to be making!

mcimino likes this.
  22. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Kimi and Ferrari rally........interesting.

23. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    and Seb as Kimi's navigator, lol

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  24. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Leave me alone. I know what I'm doing!

25. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Anything would be better than that trash. Really hope someone comes to their senses and kills off that abomination.