KIMI | FerrariChat

KIMI

Discussion in 'F1' started by johngtc, Aug 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Kimi is happy.

Sebastian is happy.

Ferrari is happy.

I am happy.

Forza FERRARI

mcimino and suz123nj like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

No shock but its time for him to move on.....

3. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Well that's not good. Watch out for a Kimi performance drop off for the next 18 months.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Why have they announced him now but not Vettel ? Its usually both at Monza

5. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    . . . . As I predicted. You're welcome.

6. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    Good news for Ferrari.

Fast cars have followed Kimi's carreer. I do not think it is coincidence that Lotus went from back of mid field to podiums when Kimi joined.

7. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Not sure I follow your optimistic logic. Ferrari have basically told Kimi to enjoy the next 1.5 years on the beach. He has no chance of a wdc as that's Vettel's. He has no need to race for his seat as he'll be retiring at the end of 2018. It's a complete waste of a seat. Ferrari should have invested in the future and given the seat to a number 2 that has a long future ahead of them and a reason to race.

It's a complete disgrace.

bberg009 likes this.
  8. Phantom

Phantom Karting

Nov 11, 2006
    Woodbridge, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Charn G.
    Kimi for me is one of the only driver's keeping me tuned in to the sport. I've never been a Ferrari F1 fan but for when they've had a driver I've liked. I'm sure I'm not the only one, therefore good marketing for the brand. The only Ferrari merchandise I own says Kimi on it.

Seb wants Kimi, therefore happy driver pairing.
    Kimi has shown loyalty when asked and top speed in the right conditions for him.
    It's an absolute no brainer imho.

9. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    +1

10. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    This year Kimi is on $7m plus bonuses to be a number 2 driver with no future and no reason to perform. He's the fifth highest paid driver on the grid. I tell you what, I totally respect Kimi because his negotiation skills are nothing short of spectacular.

Ferrari - what are you doing??!

bberg009 likes this.
  11. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    Well, I believe from Ferrari's perspective, Kimi knows the in's and out's of Ferrari propaganda and has never conducted himself disrespectfully. This is a big deal for the marque. Not to mention, he does not create scuffles with his teammate and has moved over when needed. This and the fact that Vettel backs him for that very reason.

I'm not saying I'm right but not sure which young, talented number 2 should earn a scarlet red ride and wouldn't create headaches for their number 1, Vettel. Love him or hate him, I like Verstappen but believe he still has one more year at Red Bull. No way, Vettel would approve that move, regardless. But this alone might prove to be the big shake up that comes for 2019.

12. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Bravo! As a long-time fan of Kimi, I am happy that Ferrari are keeping him on for another year.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Is it your money?

He is a pretty damn good #2 imo. Nothing left to prove, behaves very well gets on with Vettel and the team great, one of the most popular drivers out there so makes the money back in hat sales alone.

Even in Hungary, when he clearly showed how much faster he was and Vettel with problems, he held position. Had he taken Vettel Hamilton and presumably Bottas would've gotten passed. He played a great moving barrier.

Pole at Monaco. Close to Vettel almost always.

I don't see what's so bad about all this...but hey people have made their minds up for 10 years now.

14. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    +7

15. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    +1

16. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    so glad that Kimi is staying. I predict that if Seb wins the chamopiship this year and is in the running next year for the title at this time, they will keep Kimi for 2019 as well........unless 2 things happen......

1.Kimi legally got to **** on his own accord and not by Ferraris off ups.

2. They override Vettel and take Riccardo since his contract is up.

If Seb is still kicking ass and so is Kimi, I can't see them getting of rid of him until.......They can get Max Verstappen after the 2019 season. He is fast and very young with time heavily on his side. Riccardo is great but not as great as Verstappen so if Vettel vitos riccardo then Ferrari won't take him.

Vettel will Vitto, hamilton, Riccardo and Verstappen but theres no way that Ferrari will let Max get away. Leclerc is untested in F1. He could come in too F1 and be like Verstappen(good and bad) but who knows. Ferrari will have him wait in the lower teams till they are ready if he is ready.

Forza Kimi, hopefully next season he comes off the blocks early and takes the lead(he was in the lead this year at one point). Then Ferrari and Seb can back him. What a way to end a career that would be....

17. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    Glad he's staying :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsoVhAT5X8[/ame]

18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    #19 DeSoto, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Leclerc is not ready and Vettel wants a number 2. He was the obvious choice, although it definitely looks like an interim solution.

19. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Bingo!

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sensible decision by Ferrari,i think he is massively underpaid though ($7m),2018 will be his 8th year with the Scuderia.

Maybe Vettel will man up and give a position or even a win back to Kimi towards the last race?Not holding my breath on that one though.

Waiting to hear reaction from Kimi 'err ya well u know err...'

Still 9 races to go a lot can happen,if Vettel somehow falls of a cliff then Kimi will be there to pick up the pieces.

Forza Kimi! :)

So now the doors are definately closed for Alonso 2018,assuming Vettel stays.No musical chairs until 2019.

21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sorry if I do not understand this...Kimi was driving behind Seb at the same speed Seb was driving and Hamilton was not able to pass him so why would Hamilton have been able to pass Vettel if Kimi was driving away in the front??? It is not like Kimi was actively blocking Hamilton, Lewis simply had no chance to drive in the dirty air and close enough to get him passed, what would have been different if Seb was there instead of Kimi? And even with the "low" speed of Seb Bottas could not follow so why do you say even he would have "presumably passed Seb"??? Kimi secured second place and gave Seb the victory but I doubt that Seb would have lost second as well if Kimi made a move...And as seen by Lewis not able to pass Kimi I doubt that Kimi would have been able to pass Seb without risk if Seb and the box did not help with the move

22. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    AUGUST 23, 2017

Raikkonen happy with new Ferrari deal

Kimi Raikkonen says he and Ferrari are "happy" to have reached a new deal for 2018.

The Italian team on Tuesday ended a period of speculation by announcing that the Finn will stay at Ferrari next year.

"We started discussing it at a late stage and quickly agreed. It did not take long to think about it," Raikkonen said at a sponsor event in Helsinki.

"I have known about it for some time but only now read it in the newspaper."

It is believed Raikkonen's deal is a precursor to Ferrari also retaining its de-facto 'number 1' driver Sebastian Vettel for 2018.

"I would not have signed it if I wasn't enjoying it and I didn't have a good cooperation with the team and the people," said Raikkonen.

The 2007 world champion, who will turn 39 during the course of the 2018 season, said he did not mind that the new deal is for one year only.

"At this point it's good to take one season at a time," he is quoted by the broadcaster MTV.

Raikkonen also said the agreement will have no impact on his focus on this year's calendar.

"It does not matter one way or another if there is another contract or not. I always try my best," he insisted.

And he said he is also not relieved that the speculation about his future will die down for now, insisting: "Probably in a month's time they will begin speculating about the next one."

Finally, Raikkonen was asked about the controversial 'Halo' safety innovation, which will be mandatory in 2018.

"New rules and parts always seem very different but quickly they are forgotten about," he said.

"The Halo is a good thing if it saves someone's life or stops something bad from happening."

23. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    no surprise

keeping the seat warm for Max or LeClerc

24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Kimi could've gone passed if he took a greater risk, something Hamilton would've done.