Kinmen Kaoliang Baijiu Liquor | FerrariChat

Kinmen Kaoliang Baijiu Liquor

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by BOKE, Oct 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    My Chinese neighbor just returned from a business trip to Taiwan and picked me up a top-shelf bottle of Kinmen Kaoliang Baijiu Liquor. I have sampled it before in his home to be polite. I actually went back for more.

If anybody needs to do a bare metal restoration on your car, I have a miracle paint stripper for you.

Has anyone ever sampled Baijiu?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    I've had it on business trips, usually as the toasting liquor at formal banquets. It packs a pretty mean punch (can be 80-110 proof), and tastes to me like a young vodka, even though the base of most baiju is sorghum. It is hot in the mouth and tongue, but the aftertaste isn't too strong (which is good, because you drink plenty of it in the almost endless toasts if you have 16-18 people at the table). It stays clear mostly because it is aged in pottery, not in wooden barrels. Most of it is fairly young, 1-3 years, but the good ones like you show in the photo are aged up to 30 years in cool cellars similar to wine cellars. I've had cheap and expensive baiju, and don't taste much of a difference.