Kline exhaust/headers F430 | FerrariChat

Kline exhaust/headers F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Evan430, Mar 9, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Evan430

Evan430 Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Evan D
    I purchased a Kline exhaust a few weeks ago after weeks of debating multiple exhaust systems. It appears Kline achieved that coveted F1 pitch, which I am very much looking forward to. I currently have stock headers with maranello x-ost and I will say the car is no slouch currently. I took my car yesterday for install after weeks of waiting only to discover that my MK1 header welds cracked and leaking, which I know is a common issue. I was hoping I had avoided such issue and also purchased the capristo brackets to avoid any torquing in the exhaust system. I debated briefly purchasing the Tubi headers but ended up going with Kline headers as well. Fortunately for me I get to pay shipping again! Does anyone have experience with Kline headers or the exhaust system in general? They are not blanketed and I don't plan on doing so. Thanks guys.

2. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I have the Kline exhaust. Love it, lots of threads on it, PM me if you want more firsthand account.

unreelviper likes this.
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Be sure to fit new manifold studs and nuts when you change them. What do kline use to allow for the expansion ?

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    we have kline exhaust on a 360 spider with Top Speed headers and Top Speed 200 cel cats.
    we also have a kline exhaust on a 430 spider with caprisito headers and capristo 200 cel cats.
    No drone, very high pitch at high revs. Kline makes high quality products and i wld certainly recommend their products.
    Both cars had the topseed/capristo products prior otherwise i wld have tried kline from front to back

5. Evan430

Evan430 Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Evan D
    I will be sure to inquire about it! Thanks!

6. Evan430

Evan430 Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Evan D
    I have heard nothing but good things as well. Definitely looking forward to the outcome

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The studs are known to break and easy to change, very cheap as well so not worth skipping a change

8. Eric in Chicago

Eric in Chicago Karting

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have full system (headers, 200 cell cats and muffler). Amazing sound. Fit and finish is first rate. Went for a drive this past weekend, 488/458/F8 and a Lusso were part of our group. Everyone of them came up to say how good the system sounded during our spirited drive. Get a valve controller to quiet it down when you dont want to make so much noise (Forum member sells the Forza controller which I have and works great). Seriously makes the car sound like it should have from factory if there were no noise restrictions :)

9. Evan430

Evan430 Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Evan D
    I bought the full valvetronic system from Kline so I have the button in the console to quiet her down. Glad to hear you love the full system. I have read amazing reviews on the exhaust but haven't found much on the headers. I decided to keep my stock cats to avoid a CEL.

10. Evan430

Evan430 Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Evan D
    I already told the dealer to change them out when they do the work! Thx for the suggestion.

11. Evan430

Evan430 Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Evan D
    Great to know! Thanks so much. I was really debating the kriesseg but the exhaust is extremely overpriced imo.

colorfull likes this.
  12. Marco91

Marco91 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 2, 2022
    Italy
    Do you have any video to share? My F355 has a Kline and it sounds unbelievable, thinking to do the same on my F430 as well but I'd like to hear it first. Stock F430 sounds already amazing but I'd love to make it louder with a high-pitch noise.

13. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I have a F430 with the Kline exhaust, capristo test pipes and aftermarket headers

I would not say the Kline is louder than OEM (I was surprised about this), but it definitely has a more refined, higher pitched, smoother tone.

Haven't done video yet

14. Evan430

Evan430 Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Evan D
    Even with headers you would say the Kline is softer? I figured with headers it would definitely supercede the stick system, decibel wise

15. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Just personal observation but I thought the OEM was a bit louder, could be I have that impression because it was just more growling sounding. The Kline sounds amazing, period.

Decibel wise, I expect they're comparable

16. Evan430

Evan430 Rookie

Mar 12, 2021
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Evan D
    I'll post some pics/videos of the process when my car goes in

17. Tulsa328

Tulsa328 Rookie

Nov 14, 2022
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Chris Parker
    Are you still running the Kline headers, 200 CEL Cats, and Kline exhaust? I am getting ready to make the purchase through a dealer (pricey) but I need to get rid of factory. Does your Kline system throw a check engine light?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. Eric in Chicago

Eric in Chicago Karting

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Only got to enjoy the system for 1500 mi ( couple months) befor I found a 488 I could not pass up
    I miss the sound. Amazing system
    I did not get a CEL but used cat bypass sensors

19. Eric in Chicago

Eric in Chicago Karting

Jul 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I will say with the 100 cell cats, it’s LOUD. Not for 250 mi runs. Ears will hurt
    Not much drone. Around town fine
    Over 4 K your neighbors2 blks away will hear you

20. jerbear27

jerbear27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Mine did (MY2008). I had the Kline Headers, stock cats and the Kline exhaust. Thought I was good, but ended up throwing the code.

Tune from Trev360 took care of that and then some.

100 cell cats are on my list eventually.

21. MichaelMatic

MichaelMatic Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    I’m currently waiting on a Kline exhaust and headers. I have Capristo test pipes as well, but I might hold off on installing them until I’m ready for a tune (not sure how to defeat a CEL otherwise).

Something else to consider is that Kline offers heat shielding as well. I ordered my manifolds with them.

22. jerbear27

jerbear27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I got the headers with heat shielding as well. Works very well. They are a work of art.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MichaelMatic likes this.
  23. MichaelMatic

MichaelMatic Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    Thanks for posting a pic. I've never actually seen a pair of Kline 430 headers with shielding before. They look great!

jerbear27 likes this.