Kline Innovation Ferrari F8 Tributo Inconel exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Kline Innovation Ferrari F8 Tributo Inconel exhaust

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Felix_kline, Mar 7, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC
    based on your approach in this thread id love to hear your feelings on people who register their exotics in Montana to avoid local sales taxes. lol (i am not one of them)

Gh21631 likes this.
  2. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    #27 GTHill, Mar 9, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    Perm thread ban @todd cloud

5 Day site ban for repeated behavior towards other members.

3. PowerLabs

PowerLabs Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    FYI even though GPF is not required in the US, it is an emissions control device and as such illegal to remove.
    The only way what you are proposing would be legal would be if Ferrari emissions certified the vehicle in the United States without it. Emissions certification is a very expensive process which is why they did not make a Us-specific version with no GPF.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. PowerLabs

PowerLabs Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    I would love one of those in my car, but someone needs to figure out a way to emulate the Delta P sensor signal to trick the vehicle into thinking the GPFs are still there. This would be a much better solution than the OBD2 plug in…

Viperjoe likes this.
  5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks for explaining the intricacies of the US Emissions laws.
    In my mind, aside from the regulatory costs, I wondered why Ferrari didn’t offer the F8 without the GPF for the USA market. That variant would have sounded better and would have performance gains too!
    However, this would create a more desirable subclass of F8s
    which would have create demand for these cars in other markets!

6. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I wonder too but like you said...it would create demand for USA cars in other markets for sure, the car would sound so much better too....however I think it is easier and cheaper for Ferrari to design 1 emissions system and go through all the tuning and reliability of that to for that 1emissions system and engine and manufacture just 1 version. Ferrari marketing would probably say that they care about the environment and designed such an emissions system as part of caring for the environment.

7. PowerLabs

PowerLabs Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    Because emissions certification costs several million dollars, and you would be tacking on additional calibration work to make a US-Specific vehicle cal with no GPF, plus the durability study on how the GPF-Less exhaust affects catalytic converter temperatures, etc.
    All very doable of course, but why would Ferrari want to spend several million dollars when the us market would just as gladly buy the car with GPF?
    (I’m not saying * I * would not much rather have it without the GPF, I’m just presenting it from their perspective)

I have friends in calibration, so I can tell you that even something as trivial as offering a second tire choice, say, you can have your car with a Michelin, or a Pirelli tire, is a multi million dollar endeavor as all of the ABS, traction control, and stability control strategies have to be tested and validated under all conditions for the second tire; this includes shipping multiple vehicles out for winter testing, hot weather testing in the desert, etc. several engineers, a support crew, transportation cost, etc. And it’s not just your engineers either, in the tire example it would be the OEM + Bosh / Continental / Delphi or whoever else made those modules.
    It adds up to some eye watering figures in no time.
    A clean sheet new engine design from conception to emissions certification today costs a minimum of half a billion dollars to any major OEM.

8. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Bummer i missed all thr back and forth excitement! @GTHill must have deleted the insulting posts. TC is always good for a laugh insulting people from the ivory legal tower like the Aaron Brokavitch of emissions

Ivan Drago likes this.
  9. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    Felix - Please let us know when your cease and desist from Todd the tosser arrives in the mail. Thanks

10. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Almost fell out of my chair laughing. Thank you for sharing.

11. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC
    hello, i am possibly buying a set of Kline sport cats that were on a 488 GTB. can anyone in here confirm the mounting points and everything is the same on the Pista? direct fit? i heard the mounting points are different although the pipes are the same. any help is appreciated.

12. Felix_kline

Felix_kline Karting
    Sponsor

Nov 6, 2013
    The cat pipes on the 488GTB are the same as the pista. Only the rear silencer section and tips are different.

ACSATCO likes this.
  13. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thank you! I got temp banned by another mod for calling him a "Karen" for doing this exact thing a few months back, haha.

Cigarzman likes this.
  14. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Hi
    I installed the inconel rear system (replacing a stainless fabspeed) and there is no place to hook up the o2 sensors unlike the fabspeed so I am getting a cel. I have the capristo obd but it won’t clear those codes. Am I missing something or is the cel unavoidable, even w an obd clearer, w this exhaust. Thanks!

15. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    There are no O2 sensors on the rear exhaust section, they are pre and post GPF pressure sensors. The lines should be capped, and you need an OBD plug in like the Novitec Techtronic to clear the codes or ECM tuning.

RamsHmb likes this.
  16. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    So here’s the riddle. Put in 200 cell cats and hooked up sensors w a different rear. When I pulled the rear the other exhaust had hook ups for the pre and post even though it was straight tube bw them.
    and I had no cel. The Kline doesn’t have the hook into the exhaust and provides the the little u tube to connect the lines in a loop. Now I have a cel that capristo says is O2 sensors so it won’t clear w their module . I can’t figure out what went wrong

17. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The only OBD plugin that I’m aware of that actually works, is the Novitec Techtronic. Not sure how your previous system did not throw codes.

18. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Got it, thanks. I know…super weird. The only difference is the old one had a hook up for the two hoses that are now looped together. Unless we knocked something loose during the install.