Known Exotics in Iowa | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Known Exotics in Iowa

Discussion in 'North Midwest - USA (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI, IL)' started by Rytt, Apr 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    i guess i won't be seeing you on the road then...the furthest east i make it is dowling

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

I would recommend just taking the top portion of it, or cropping out the actual numbers on it.

Yeah, I would love to. Strongly considering coming back for the FCA National show at Road America.

3. FerrariEnzoChicago

May 9, 2009

I thought iowa required front plates on all cars?, and the vette plate looks a little sketchy

4. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #130 Huskerbill, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Fine, I am busted. Made the whole thing up. Photoshopped them all in there, even the muscle cars. You know how hard it was getting the corn in the background just right? Putting the gravel road in was the mistake I thought you all would catch and would lead to my demise.

Since it is law here too, I should probably Photoshop a California plate on my Diablo pic or the ruse will be up there too. Thanks for the reminder!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    You guys want to see the F50, head to the FCA National event at Road America in July. I am pretty certain it will be there. It will probably be parked by the Motion Products truck..........along with 3 other Ferraris with Iowa plates. Enjoy.

I will probably be there myself.

6. 04GCAR

04GCAR Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Madison
    Bill, finally made it to the dark side!

7. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
  8. FerrariEnzoChicago

May 9, 2009
    Saw a 360 Spider (red/tan) in Pocahontas at the Casey's fillin up. He was taking highway 4 back to Dallas County (Booneville?) after a weekend at Okoboji. In his mid 20's im guessing, but a nice guy who talked to me 4 a bit. He said he only knew of a few other guys in Ia with Ferrari's and mentioned the guy with black rims. It sure had a good sound when he took off but it was pretty quiet.

Thanks Tommy, i bet it does get loud at 150!

9. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    My friend, "Dr. O", recently traded his 430 towards a 599GTB. It arrived a few weeks ago. So, soon you will be seeing a truly serious F-car running around the streets of Des Moines!!

He stopped by my place yesterday to show it off --- unfortunately, I was heading out the door so I didn't have the time to take a test drive with him. Sure looks beautiful, though, Grigio paint makes the car appear very subtle --- until the exhaust opens up!

I'll be getting together with him soon to have a better look at the new Horse ---- I'll post a few pics when I do.

10. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    wow that is amazing...please post pics soon

11. FerrariEnzoChicago

May 9, 2009
  12. FerrariEnzoChicago

May 9, 2009
    #139 FerrariEnzoChicago, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  13. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I watched that whole thing hoping he would put it into a pole.

14. shadeone

shadeone Karting

Aug 25, 2004
    Richfield, MN
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    hate to say it but despite the piss-poor performance from that bmw v-12, that is one of the most accurate 99 diablo raodster replicas ive seen... the rear pillar on the door (little triangle piece) is at the correct height, there are carbon fiber eyebrows in the headlights and this is one of the ONLY ones ive actually seen that has the correct 99 interior and not the newer interior from the 6.0 cars....

sadly its still a kit. I will some day own a real red 99 diablo vt roadster with cream interior. if its the last thing i do on this earth.

shade

15. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    Two weekends ago when I was heading to Iowa City I actually saw the Maybach on the road. I did not believe that there was a Maybach in Iowa, but now I do.

16. cam man

cam man Karting

Nov 6, 2004
    I know for a fact there is an F40 in Des Moines. I saw it by Living History farms and it is definitely real!

17. ryan311

ryan311 Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2007
    Nebraska
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Kit car like the orange diablo from des moines.

18. cam man

cam man Karting

Nov 6, 2004
    Would you like to put some money on it!

19. cam man

cam man Karting

Nov 6, 2004
    I am waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. ryan311

ryan311 Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2007
    Nebraska
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Are there any pics of it??

21. cam man

cam man Karting

Nov 6, 2004
    #148 cam man, Sep 18, 2009
  22. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    i am pretty sure that is the f40 i saw a couple weekends ago at West Glen. I have a picture on my phone so once i get it downloaded to my computer i will post it.

23. jmusser3r

jmusser3r Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    Iowa
    #150 jmusser3r, Sep 20, 2009