Kobe's Accuser | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Kobe's Accuser

Discussion in 'Sports' started by darth550, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay you guys are right, I'm just pissed off that we are discussing this on this site.

Some things should be tabo (sp?) on a chat site, and this IMO is one of them.

Thus lets keep rape claims and trials out of this site, because every time we discuss this stuff we seem to defend the male side of it ... I guess because we are males. This IMO is a concern for the young boys that are internet savy and will be getting the wrong message.

I'm old school and a womans body is hers, and she and she alone has to consent 100% before us guys can play.

Pete

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Agreed 100% and I agree 100% there is a double standard and problem with sports stars abusing their status. However, IMHO I don't think the Kobe case is one of those outright.

3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I guess maybe I don't know for sure what a person that has been raped does afterwards. Do you?
    And does that somehow mean that she wasn't raped?
    If she went to a bar afterwards, and had a few drinks and talked to a man there, would that mean that she couldn't have been raped?

4. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Rapists should be shot.

But people who make FALSE accuzations of rape, should be crucified.

Both are vile horrible crimes against humanity at large.

I have to say that Kolbe's accuser dosen't seem to fit my own profile of a rape victim. That's not to say either one did or didn't do anything.

In all honesty, I also abhore this constant spin-doctoring and media-trials. How the hell do we really know what happened?

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I disagree.
    I may be a Los Angeleno, yet I tired of the Lakers and/or Kobe a long time ago - but let's face it - something's rotten in Denmark, er, Colorado. Each case in the F-Chatter's Court is different. For example, I don't recall anyone "defending" R. Kelly.
    At the very least - the message is, don't cheat. To address your more pressing concerns about young, impressionable minds... based upon my own casual conversations with parents, teachers & kids - boy-girl sexual encounter/harassment/aggression/rape situations are more openly discussed with boys and girls at school, home and on the 'net.
    Absolutely! For example, if anybody spouted off on F-Chat about how they did this, that and/or the other without consent, they'd be instant pariahs. That in itself is why some things shouldn't be taboo on a chat site. Putting on blinders makes it difficult to navigate down a 2-way street, why put blinders on someone who has yet to driiiiiiive?