koenig competition 1.000 hp | Page 2 | FerrariChat

koenig competition 1.000 hp

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by turbo-joe, Apr 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I don´t know the video you have seen but the sound of the exhaust is magnific. there is no silencer or something else in, only the turbochargers two 70 mm tubes to the end and at the end like you see on the pictures at the beginning of this thread two 100 mm endpipes. also from the wastegates one 40 mm tube, nothing more. it sounds like a race car more than 4000 rpm. so in town never go more than 2000 rpm because of the police.

2. Ferrari Mackintosh

Ferrari Mackintosh Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2004
    N/A
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Enthiusiast
    TURBO-JOE
    Here's the video. The sound is OK but not brilliant. It's nothing special. My 512TR with STAINLESS-EXHAUST fitted sounds better, louder and much more savage. Does your Koenig TR sound just like this one in the clip or is it just a bad clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA19BdBye-M

DO a video clip of your car doing a few revs to give us all an idea of what a Koenig TR sounds like. The following clip is of a proper awesome sounding exhaust. Is your Koenig TR as loud and insane sounding as that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJVy3VZ_E3I

3. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    #28 BlueBiturbo, Apr 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Turbo Joe,

Your car was listed for sale in Willy K's website back in Dec 2002, he stated that you particular car had new turbo design thus has a much higher torque. These are the pics from 2002. The last 3 pics I pulled from the internet :

Cheers,
    Taffy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    BlueBiturbo,

this seems to be my car, but I`m not sure.

the steering wheel, the seats and the centre consol under the monitor is different, but the same seats I bought from koenig. the mirros are also different. on my car there are the originals, but the dealer in berlin told in his advertisement of the car something from formula 1 mirrors and the mirrors on your pics seems to be so.

but the front spoiler ( from a 355 ) is the same with the lip made of special wood, also the engine compartement seems to be equal. left under the steering wheel there is the actuation for the fire extinguisher system ( the red box ) .

so I think it is my car. do you have some more pics? how much was the car for sale by koenig?

at the front axle there is a brake system from a F50, the rear brake is an AP.

I bought this car in february 2005 from a dealer in berlin. but after a short time the diff broke and since then the car is standing. koenig sold this car at the end of 2003 to a factory owner. he is producing coffee brewer, mixer and other kitchen appliances. I bought the car with a lot of defects and errors and before I could drive it I had to replace all bearings from the primary gearbox ( from the clutch down to the gearbox ) because it makes horrible noices, also the clutch had to be replaced. the adjustment from the injections is more than bad. during acceleration under 2300 rpm the engine is stuttering and smoking black ( to much fuel ) but from 3400 rpm it is like a rocket. no 150 hp or more bike can follow. it makes fabulous fun when it is running. but only when....there are not so much brake downs. that is the reason just now I´m fixing the complete gearbox with much better material, also I want to put on a self programmed combined injection- ignitonsystem ( the australian MOTEC or the german TRIJEKT ). so I can adjust it all during driving with a laptop. but this will take a long time and I´m not sure that I will drive this car in 2008. also I have to make other things to earn some money to live.

on the last picture you can see willy koenig standing beside of his "baby"

I try to put some more pics in here the next few days

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    Dan Osib,

the sounds on both videos are very bad and has nearly nothing to do with the real sound

6. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Yours is the rare "normal body" KCE-1000, I think the pics are 100% your car.
    Most of the other KCE-1000 are wide bodied car.
    Enjoy your car in good health.

Cheers,
    Taffy

BTW here's what the ad in Koenig 2002 said :

====================================================

Koenig Competition 2002
    Based on Ferrari Testarossa (512TR,TR-M)

first modified 1994 - rebuilt with latest Koenig technique 2002, topcondition

Koenig engine:
    - 5000ccm, 4-V, 12 cylinder
    - special turbo pistons
    - four step turboelectronics
    boost at 600/700/800 or 1.000 horsepower
    - integrated fire extinguish-system

Performance/power:
    - 1.000 hp @ 7100 rpm
    - 1.150 NM @ 5250 rpm
    - 0-100 km/h 3,5 sec
    - 0-200 km/h 8.9 sec
    - 0-300 km/h 16,0 sec
    - Topspeed upto 370 km/h
    depending on gear ratio
    - power weight 1,59 kg

Transmission:
    stronger racing gear box with different transmission
    transmission cooling system

Suspension/weehls:
    adjustable racing suspension with roll-bars
    3-parted koenig aluminum sportwheels
    Front: 9x19 with 225/40 ZR 19
    Rear: 11x19 with 295/35 ZR 19

Brakes:
    high performance racing brakes (Brembo) with brake-adjustment

Koenig body parts:
    frontskirt with adjustable front flaps
    carbon rear wing
    airbox
    naca air inlets
    F1 mirrors
    plexi engine window
    dynamic side-line connecting to cooling-inlets
    weight 1.590 kg

Interior:
    32 cm racing steering wheel
    aluminum door skills and shifting knob
    racing sport pedals
    racing or exclusive sportseats and interior
    roll-bars or rollcage
    4 and 6 point seat-belts

The rebuilt Koenig competition 2002 is the fastest one with lower car weight improved aerodynamics and other modifications

Mileage: 17677 km

Year: based Testarossa Koenig Competition
    modified 1994 and 2002

price export exwork: 95.000,00 €

7. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Not a bad car for 95,000 Euros in 2002 !!

8. Ferrari Mackintosh

Sep 21, 2004
    N/A
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Enthiusiast
    turbo-joe,

get a digital camera and do a sound clip of your car. I want to hear it in action, because if it sounds as good as you make out I'll have a Koenig conversion done to my 512TR instead of swapping it for a Lamborghini Murcielago, which will work out cheaper.

9. Ferrari Mackintosh

Sep 21, 2004
    N/A
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Enthiusiast
    TURBO-JOE
    I disagree with you on the clip of the Lambo revving that I posted sounding very bad. I was at the Gumball Rally startline that year and nearly everytime he revved that car people in the crowd were clapping or cheering. You can even hear people cheering in that clip.

10. B512M

B512M Karting

Mar 26, 2008
    flood city
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Hey Turbojoe, what I meant was, what is the size of the wheels/rims (fr & rr) in that Koenig TR? It would be great if you know the wheel/rim offset as well in your car. thanks

11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    LOL, I hope so

12. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Cross your finger :)

13. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
  14. cnchung

cnchung Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Superb vids

I also recalled that this KCE-1000 was listed on Koenig website long time ago. Was trying to go through my pic collection before reaching page 2 of this thread, then I found the pics you posted. The intake pipe from the engine bonnet was the clue.

There was a thread on my Koenig Testarossa too, would like to share it with you.

Cheers

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190793&highlight=koenig+testarossa

15. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #40 turbo-joe, Oct 7, 2012
    after a long time of working on this car it is nearly finished now.
    nearly? there are much more "little things" to be done

so because of such long time a lot of things are not working right now. so I checked and found some unusual things, may be someone could help here?

1) in the workshop manual it says that there is a K-jetronic inside ( or 2 of those ) - the fuel regulator is inside the "quantitative divider" ( sorry, don´t know the english word ), also it has a warm-up regulator and an auxiliary air valve. but mine has an outside fuel pressure regulator for each side, so it is a KE jetronic. in the spare parts catalog from 87 those fuel pressure regulators are listed under the picture numberTAV 12/12 ( 125136 ). one regulator was not opening anymore and so I get too high pressure. same regulator is in the mercedes 560/126

on the TAV 13 there is a K-jetronic.

so does anyone knows when they changed or upgradet from the K-jetronic to the KE jetronic?

2) the injectors on my car left side and right side are different. I tested all after cleaning and they deliver all the same fuel +/- not even 1 ppm for about 30 seconds. but 6 of them are made of brass and 6 are made of steel. the brass ones have the bosch number 0 437 502 047, which are still available, the steel ones have the number 0 437 582 010 what I can not find anymore. does everyone has more infos of those steel ones? also there is stamped on the hexagonal 12 mm on the brass ones 090/206 and on the steel ones 946/226. does anyone knows what this means?

I can not find any information

thanks for technical right answers or some links where I can read.

have a nice sunday after massa gets second in japan today

16. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I recently had all twelve of my injectors replaced with Bosch and I love it. It actually runs better and I am getting few more miles per gallon. The is a night and day difference on the performance going from the steel to brass for some reason.

17. Marty

Marty Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Boston/PTown/SW FL
    Full Name:
    Martin Stark
    Yes, ditch the steel ones and replace them with brass ones. Same Bosch part number as used in many Saabs.

18. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    why should I replace those when they all work fine, very fine?

thanks for the statements until now, but there are no answers I asked about

19. Marty

Marty Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Boston/PTown/SW FL
    Full Name:
    Martin Stark
    The steel injectors are prone to rust internally and this causes them to either leak or spray poorly. Years ago I attempted to have my original steel injectors cleaned at a diesel repair shop but their poor spray pattern did not fully improve. Of course the brass injectors do not rust.

20. RQtetto

RQtetto Karting

Aug 15, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Robert Quisenberry
    Menschenskinder nochmal!!! 1.000 PS auf dem Autobahn. Wahnsinn!

Sei vorsichtig da drueben...

Rob

21. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Just curious...

What are you guys using for the input shaft material?

We're using Ti, which is holding up well enough, but that's been the achilles heel, typically, in this drivetrain. First to go (and with a "tink"), and difficult to get the broken end out.

CW

22. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I just have let made the complete crown and pinion and the input shaft made of material called here:

18 CrNiMo7/6

should be the best material the guys who did it told me. they are also doing same for the porsche race cars and bmw

the inputshaft is not made of 2 parts as the original one, it is made in 1 part.

the gears for the main gearbox ( so from the clutch down to the inputhaft, sorry please for not knowing the right english word ) is just in production made of 42 CrMoV and will be finished I think end of november.

RQtetto: was nützen dir die PS wenn sooooo viele schleicher auf der autobahn unterwegs sind?

max. speed just now I was driving here on the autobahn has been about 355 km/h, then the rpm-limiter was in action.

but this has been about 6 years ago. since then I´m fixing this car and I hope next spring I will drive again - I hope :)

meanwhile I installed about 50 sensors for temperature from each cylinder, from the engine oil, the gearbox oil before and after the additional radiator, the charged air from the turbos, the oilpressure from engine and gearbox, the fuel pressure left and right bank and some more. but it takes long time of work and between I have to earn my daily bread.

I hope to have time a little to put in again some pictures here

23. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #48 turbo-joe, Oct 17, 2012
    because of the touchscreen I want to install I try to put this screen there where there is the oiltemperature, the fuel gauge and the clock with the odometer. for this I put the fuelgauge now into the left door panel as you see on the picture. a glass will come on later to avoid dirt coming in.

first I wanted to put the touchscreen there where there is the original speedometer and rpm-meter, but this for now I want to let in original conditon
    the oiltemperature will be meassured with my additional sensors. the control bulb for the rear fog is now right of the instruments below the control of the open hoods front and rear. where to put the odometer just now I don´t know. even I think that this odometer is not a really important thing that would be needed because most of those are disconnected to show a lower mileage.

24. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Odo meter is part of TueV am I right ?

25. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    not really right melvok:

this is often a discussion between me and the tuev. most testing engineers thinks that the law says that an odometer has to be inside.

but the law says in § 57 note 3:

there MAY be ( not MUST be ) inside an odometer in combination with a speedometer what has to show the driven track plus/minus 4 %

so it is not a must for such an odometer. and up to now without often some useless discussion I had no problems.

the question is also what does the legislator understand under "in combination with... "

I understand under combination a "normal speedometer with inside odometer" but the TR has a separate odometer. so in my eyes it is not a combination then?

but I think that this is here not common interest because the rules are not equal in all countries