Koenigsegg CCX vs. Supercars vs F430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Koenigsegg CCX vs. Supercars vs F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by F11, Aug 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dandruff

dandruff Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    Zonda 2nd league?! ur joking right?

2. miladferrari

miladferrari Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    prev.Van. nowToronto
    I think you dont need to buy any of those cars you already have the best of them all
    the F430

but if not get a 599 gtb i bet it could do a faster lap time around a track than lp640.

3. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    I just want to thank you guys for you info. BUt one thing that nobody here seems to understand is the definition of KIt Car. The 599 is just as much of a kit car as the koenigsegg is. Why is this? Lets go through the list. A kit car is one that has mostly none OEM manufacturer parts.

599:

Brakes are made bt brembo

Suspension is made by sachs

Engine is ferrari

Seats are recaro

Wheels are bbs

sound system is becker

Koenigsegg CCX:

Brakes are ap racing

suspension is ohlins

seats are sparco

wheels are dymag

Body is koenigsegg

chassis is koenigsegg

Engine is Koenigsegg(only on the CCX not CCR)

Supercharger is Rotrex

So it isnt really a kit car. Definition of kit car is like saleen or mosler. Now I'm just like all of you guys. I watch fifth gear and top gear. Zonda always look good on those shows as do koenigseggs. I looked at the zonda very close in person and it just doesnt seem worth the money. The car is great for performance. But build quality on body work is not that good. The parts arent bolted on very strongly and the clutch is horrible. THe koenigsegg drives very smoothly. It is easy to drive. Just as easy as an Enzo. Yes I have driven an Enzo. Not worth 1 million to me. So in the end my teaching in this reply is that dont tell me something about a car unless youve seen it in person. Also dont call any car a kit car until youve done your research.

4. MOUNTAINWOLF

MOUNTAINWOLF Karting

Nov 3, 2005
    Right, don't call any car a kit car unless you have done your research. Why are you calling Saleen a kit car ? Are you going to bring up the "Ford engine" comment that everyone likes to go to? Fact is, though born from a Ford block, that engine is so redesigned, it is far from anything Ford has ever produced. Saleen is no more a kit car than any of the others you list, not to mention, it is the one of the few that can compete (and perhaps surpass) the Veyron. It would be tops on my list, Koenigsegg would be second.... just my .02

5. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    I have done my research and the saleen is a kit car, but a very good one i might ad.

Saleen S7:

Body is made by english company in Oxford

Brakes are brembo

Engine is Ford

Turbos are kkk

suspension is penske

wheels are HRE

sound is kenwood

Trans is hewlett(I think it might be Tremec also)

Pretty much the only thing that is saleen is the chassis and interior .

But i wouldnt let that throw people away. Because the car is a great car and is not a car to be underestimated. The build quality is amazing and when I visited saleen I was amazed at the officiancy of assembly.

6. MOUNTAINWOLF

MOUNTAINWOLF Karting

Nov 3, 2005
    Agree that it is a great car. Not a kit car imo; guess that term is relative to your own interpretation, and by those standards most cars are 'kit cars'. btw. NOT a Ford engine in a Saleen. An engine is made up of many components/internals of which 90% or more have nothing to do with Ford. A block does not an engine make. ps. You are including "sound" in your list ???? What car manufacturer makes their own sound systems any more ?

7. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I don't think any of you guys understand what kit car is. News flash, every auto maker outsources parts. They has absolutely nothing to do with a car being a kit car or not. Here's a hint. It's in the name. It comes as a kit and you put it together. Funny how that works. The Saleens not a kit car. The Koeniggs not. The Pagani's not. They are all put together a t a factory by factory trained people.

8. MOUNTAINWOLF

MOUNTAINWOLF Karting

Nov 3, 2005
    agree.. nice post

9. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ferraris and Porsches are thoroughly engineered by teams of engineers and crash tested to meet all stringent regulations.

Koeingssgg are developed thru trial and error by one very motivated individual. Clear indicator of kit car build is interior design. Compare the interior design between the koeingsegg, 599 and Carrera GT will show the latter two are miles ahead.

It's your wallet, 599 is great value for enzo perfromance and carrera gt is a piece of art in person.

10. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Sounds like you dont need peoples opinions here. The CCX is a great car. It has great exclusitivity. You will be happy with it!

11. BOG

BOG Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 30, 2006
    The later two are ahead because they have had decades of experience and a lot deeper pockets. Given the fact the K-segg was started in about 1990, they are giving the later two a run for their money

12. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
  13. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    A car costing close to a million USD should not have any excuses.

14. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    CCX. Very few will know what it is yet their jaws will drop when the doors open. :)

15. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You need a CCX. No one can hold a candle to it as far as having style, build quality and performance.

16. JEBES

JEBES Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Växjö, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jonas
    I was living in the same town in the same house as koenigsegg back in 1996. In that period they just finish the first prototyp. Saw in a few times on the road. I think it was looking as and kitcar in that time but it sounds great. Then a couple of weeks ago i meet and ccx on the roads. Stuck in the same lane on the way because of and accident. So i got a couple of time to check the car and i have never seen a car looks that great before. So low and wide... It was amazing. Koenigseggen have create the car from his heart and know his crew build it from the hearts. Its amazing. Just go for it. If i can afford one in the future i will get one

17. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    +1

but I'm afraid Koenigsegg looks so 90's now (predictably outdated)

P.S. do any automaker create their own audio system?

18. Vboy19

Vboy19 Karting

Aug 10, 2005
  19. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    That was old news already. :D That CCX is in Vegas now.

Check SoCal section for more pics and even video!

20. GothamDreamBoards

Aug 27, 2006
    La Svezia
    Full Name:
    Christian Ferm
    Poor quality on the Zonda F and you then go search for a Koenigsegg?

FYI Pagani's are known for their excellent built quality and craftsmanship. I've never heard a single case of a Zonda braking down randomly like a Koenigsegg.

An LP640 will always be more exclusive than an F430;) A Lamborghini in general is usually more rare and exclusive than a Ferrari.

I understand that the F430 doesn't stun you like the 360. It's the same case for me.

I would personally take the LP640 mainly for it's looks, sound and the fact that it's a Lambo.

21. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    FOr the last time dont say the zonda is amazing quality unless you seen one in person and checked it out. It's not!!!!!!!!!

22. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    F11, are you going to tell us what you're thinking of buying yet?

23. Rocksman

Rocksman Rookie

Apr 7, 2006
    El Paso TX
    Full Name:
    George D
    Any car but the Veyron. It is ugly from the front, I mean it just doesnt have the nice lines of all the other cars like the Enzo, Carrera, etc.

24. crowe112

crowe112 Karting

Feb 20, 2006
    Utopia
    Full Name:
    C
    Nice feedback

25. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I'm pretty sure all of those cars he listed would get just as many stares
    +1. Or F50 and Carrera GT. Just my opinion though, and your money