Koni Shock Perch Redesign for 7075 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Koni Shock Perch Redesign for 7075

Discussion in '308/328' started by redline76, Dec 8, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony Rapuano

Anthony Rapuano Karting

Aug 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Anthony V Rapuano, Jr.
    Replaced the bushings on all 4 shocks a few years ago using the Hill Engineering tool and my neighbor's cheap Harbor Freight press. Very easy with the right tools. Did all 4 shocks in a couple of hours as I recall. The Hill bushing tool is a bit pricey, but well worth the savings in time and aggravation. Hope the job goes easily.

Imatk likes this.
  2. redline76

redline76 Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Venice, CA
    Full Name:
    Warren V
    Agreed, that tool is essential. I also did it on a 12 ton press at my friends house. We did it dry and it made the most unpleasant noises. If I were to do it again, I’d apply some anti seize, as much as I can’t stand the stuff ha ha

3. Imatk

Imatk Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Yeah I used the same bushing tool I used on the control arms and I did manage to get them in... but use a lot of lubricant and man... it wasn't pleasant.

The tool I have worked great on the arms, but those shocks are just so much tighter... why I went ahead and ordered a press.

4. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    The rear of my 328 is higher than the front by around 20mm, which is causing the front spoiler to scrape more often.
    If i were to lower the rear by say 20mm, would this intern lift the front nose of the car and raise the spoiler clearance at all?
    It’s only just scraping when I turn into my driveway.

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Yes, but the change will only be ~40% of how much you lower the rear (so front edge of front spoiler up about 8 mm for lowering the rear 20 mm). Can you post a side view of your 328? Lowering the rear 20 mm of any 328 (or 308) isn't usually done/desired (but the coil springs have a large manufacturing tolerance, and are matched in sets at the factory, so the individual cars do vary some in stance).

MaranelloMark likes this.