Koni Shocks | FerrariChat

Koni Shocks

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Portenos, Feb 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Portenos

Portenos Formula 3

Aug 20, 2004
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Carguytour
    This just in from Koni.
    Does anyone have an original set of used (needing to be rebuilt) Konis for the Maserati 3500GT?
    If so, we can send them to Koni for rebuild and I am hoping they can match them up with a suitable replacement.
    Ciao,
    FGM

Frank,
    Thank you for contacting us here at KONI NA. Yes, we do offer a number of applications for some of the popular older classic model vehicles. Unfortunately, the Maserati shocks are no longer available off the shelf as new, as they have been discontinued for several years. If you are able to track down a set of the original KONI dampers for the 3500 GT they can be rebuilt/serviced to like new condition with new updated parts and internals by one of our Authorized Rebuild Centers. The original part numbers for the 3500 GT dampers would have been 82 1145 and 82 1146. The GTI Sebring used part numbers 82 1355 and 82 1396.

Rebuild Centers:
    Performance Shock - (800) 965-5664 Koni Shock Repair and Rebuild [Koni Rebuild] : Performance Shock, Inc
    TrueChoice - (888) 566-4722 Truechoice Koni Racing Services
    Pro Parts West -(818) 888-8904 http://propartsusa.com/

Mason O’Hara
    Technical Sales Representative
    KONI - an ITT company

koni
    1961A International Way Hebron, KY 41048
    (859) 586-4100, (859) 488-0324
    KONI NA | Home www.koniracing.com www.konirv.com

2. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I did this eons ago for my Bora when I bought the Koni shocks to replace the original fronts that started leaking. Unfortunately at that time the Konis they sold all showed the same exact one for Ghibli, Indy, Bora & Merak. Well that doesn't work too well given how different the cars were. The car road way too hard. So they calibrated them to my one good original and after that the shocks were perfect again.

Kind of pricey at that time but I had no way to adjust them WO a lot of trial and error and they make have changed some internals as well?

There are several other places that service Konis as well. Some of them do a really nice restoration with the deals too if it's applicable.

3. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I've rebuilt Koni's before by their authorized centers. You should ask around because their Authorized Rebuild centers are not all the same and some do better work than others it seems.

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    A couple of guys on VLG have found a few good rebuilders and are quite happy with the results. I'm not sure these were even authorized Koni rebuilders. But it's the results that count.