Krav maga | FerrariChat

Krav maga

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by crazy canuck, Dec 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2005
    West Coast
    Anyone practise it here for fitness & self defence ?

Compared to BJJ - how does it compare for effectiveness in self defence, a workout, and likelihood of self injury ?

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Self defense great , more practical for street use , workout depends on instructor, injury above average depending on how hard they allow you to go during sparring

3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Yes, and I'll add that many of the techniques you are taught had best be used in worst case scenarios - although the idea is no more than is necessary to diffuse the situation, with some things, if it's not kill or be killed you will have some explaining to do! We are talking street fighting here, after all. Still, because it borrows from different defense philosophies and is generally well rounded, I consider it to be pretty effective for self-defense, much more so than some of the more artistic disciplines. I have never done BJJ, but I know elements of the ground fighting are borrowed by some Krav classes.