KTR reference | FerrariChat

KTR reference

Discussion in 'New England' started by bazooka joe, Jul 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bazooka joe

bazooka joe Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Anyone have any feedback regarding KTR Automotive in Ayer, MA for vintage service ?

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    They maintain the world's only unrestored GTO and it is raced a lot. They also do LOTS of track support. As for service on cars both new and vintage, have seen them at work on everything from old (nightmare) Lambos to Ferrari to Aston Martins. In fact am bringing the 308 there this morning for service at 930am. We can meet if you wish.

PS: they have also helped Fchat members Verell, Biordman, and others who i am sure will chime in.

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't use them because of geographic reasons but I see them all the time at VSCCA events. They have a very good reputation from my observation. Bob Jette (sp?), their owner, has put a lot of money into the shop facility, complete with a chassis dyno. Andy Funk is the manager and usually is on hand for track support. He is a first class guy, very knowledgeable and willing to help. He has helped me a few times at the track just because he is a nice guy.

In vintage their main expertise is in Italian cars and, over the past few years, British. Their shop is packed with all sorts of incredible vintage race cars that they maintain for active racers.

Definitely worth considering.

John

4. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Agreed John. Alas, dumb me forgot to bring my digital camera as i am at KTR right now. They say a pic tells 1,000 words and i could easily take a few pics to show the many vintage cars here they keep ready for track and also their restoration work.

Well, back to my car as we are replacing the inner seal, new clutch, and new boot just in time for tracking the car on Thursday/Friday's FCA Lime Rock event.

5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Don't forget to go upstairs to the 2nd floor!

John

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Well, enjoy yourself on Thursday, Steve, because the rest of us will be there on Friday (and Saturday). :) :) :)

vty,

--Dennis

7. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

LOL< my bad. Yesterday WAS a touch stressful but hey, if i can get access to Lime Rock all by myself on Thursday... ;)

8. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Been there, done that... left a puddle of druel on the floor after my chin hit the ground.

(Sigh) If i was a rich man...

9. KTR

KTR Guest

Jun 17, 2005
    We have an open invitation for any Italian car owners to visit the shop and see for yourself what we are about. Currently in house we are working on:
    Ferrari 308 GTSi, Mondial Coupe, Lamborghini 400 GT 2+2 and Jalpa, Maserati Merak SS and Indy, Alfa Romeo 2000 convertible, and a Fiat Dino Spider. Just to name a few. Check out www.ktrmotorsports.com

10. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    A friend of mine here in PALM BEACH told me about your establishment. While looking at your website i realized the GTO you maintain 3647 was previously owned by my family before Robert "Bob" Sauers had it. We had been looking for the car for a long time. I will try to dig up some old pictures of it. They lived in Springfiled Mass.

I remember my dad telling me that one day him and his father drove the car up to the ford dealership, and there was a showing of the GT40. Quickly the dealership cleared out forgetting about the GT40 as onlookers went to the parking lot to see the GTO!

After Robert Sauers the car went to a movie producer or something along those lines.

11. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    PS. YOU HAVE AN AWESOME PLACE!

12. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Jim over at KTR helped me out with my 308 last year. He was able to identify the problem with his EAR only. This was a problem that another well-known Ferrari shop in the area couldn't fix after $4,000 of work.

KTR rules.

Birdman