Kvyat.. The new Maldonado? | FerrariChat

Kvyat.. The new Maldonado?

Discussion in 'F1' started by scudF1, May 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    The tittle says it all. This guy should not be racing. He has no awareness of what's going on around him on the track. I can't see him staying too long at the sport.

2. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'd rather call him the new Romain Grosjean.

Maldonado was only quick when he was on the verge of crashing. Kvyat is very fast but has made some boneheaded moves, and mostly in quick succession now.

Pull a Grosjean, keep head down and gain respect of your peers.

4. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think Kvyat is driving desperately to try to prove himself following the risk of losing his Red Bull seat and then the demotion back to Torro Rosso. Either it'll pass, or I fear he might lose his F1 drive altogether.

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    But...but... if you aren't driving for the gap then you aren't a true racer anymore.

I personally won't be sad when he goes.

6. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Kvyat's attitude comes across negatively, but I think he is young and doesn't know how to field personalized attacks. I'm not dismissing his accidents, but he's clearly rattled.

Having Seb walk across the pit lanes to give a piece of his mind to an agreeable-looking Horner , as well as seeing Max take his front seat away wasn't a confidence builder.

But, did Kvyat lose his seat because of his racing incidents or was that due to happen in order to keep Max from going to Merc? After all, Max is the hottest young gun driver to hit F1 in years- which would make any team mate look inferior.

Although Kvyat had the fastest lap two weeks ago, that was written-off and ignored.

For now, Kvyat has to learn how to handle cage-rattling questions and build his confidence back quickly or he will find himself out of a ride next season.

I remember Hamilton constantly having an incident with Massa during every race in the Nicole break-up season.

If Kvyat stays calm, keeps his mouth shut and concentrates with confidence, he may just whip this stigma.

7. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Verstappen the new Maldonado? Wins at Spain, after that crashes often.

Fortune changes fast in Formula 1, time will tell.

8. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Actually Jorlon Palmer may be the new Maldonado, took 4 years to win GP2 just like Maldonado, would not be in the same team (formerly Lotus) without money, just like Maldonado, and constantly crashes, just like Maldonado...Seems like parallel career paths to me.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    What money does Jolyon Palmer bring to Renault

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I can see the writing on the wall for him, unfortunately.

I think he will move to Indy car next.

11. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You could be right. I think the writings on the wall for his time with Red Bull / Torro Rosso, but he might still make a move to another team.

Sauber certainly has its share of driver problems. Could Kvyat be attractive to them? How long has Massa got left with Williams and will a seat there free up? Would Kvyat try to displace a Manor driver just to try to stay in F1?

All the best,
    Andrew.

12. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    He paid 250,000 pounds per test drive in 2015 totaling 3.25 million pounds. He also brings sponsorship this year, but not enough to keep him in the seat next year unless he significantly improved.

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Who gave Palmer £3.25M to be a test driver last year, and which sponsorship did he bring?

NAMES !!

I am asking because in an interview earlier this year, he mentioned that his arrival in F1 took time, because he didn't bring any private sponsorship money.

14. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    About half the pack were maldanado yesterday but imo kimis was the worst

Palmer was a bit unlucky nothing he could do. The Saunders were boneheadedly stupid but you expect that from them as rookies

Kimi was the worst - a driver with 250 plus gps crashing like that all by himself and then dragging his front wing through the tunnel. You don't see all the other experienced guys making mistakes. Just the rookies and kimi

15. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Really? Source please.

He may be a tosser, and his dad wasn't much better, but that's serious money......

Cheers,
    Ian

16. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
  17. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    True! Keep in mind there are a lot of young guns driving Monaco for the first time. Monaco is so tight that steering are completely changed just for cornering this one particular track.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  19. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I'm more disappointed at wehrleins performance, I think race control had a permanent radio link with his pit team during Monaco, I expected him to be more accomplished than this even given its a tough circuit to drive, he really didn't grasp the opportunity. After all, it's the slowest car on the grid anyhow, should be the easiest to get out of the way when blue flagged

20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Wehrlein looks frightening. He has the oddest face.

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Wehrlein looks like a fraud tome,hell,Haryanto as kicked his ass pretty often in qualy and let's be honest..he's not exacly championship material!!!

22. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    +1

Like Grosjean, Kvyat has the ability to be a top achiever.

23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hit with the ugly stick then? Bit like kubica, great driver, scary Dracula lookalike going on!

24. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Kvyat has raw speed as you cant teach that.
    Temperance will come with time.
    If he has any left.

25. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010