L Calabasas & O.C. shut down? | Page 19 | FerrariChat

L Calabasas & O.C. shut down?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Oct 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    With respect to the above post:

Is this deal finalised? or just a strong rumor?
    Have they set a date for the Grand opening?
    when will the "official" announcement be made?

2. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I was advised this AM, by a really reliable source that IN FACT MCI and Lamborghini Houston have aquired LOC and it is a completed Deal. No word as to the re-open date..

But CONGRATS as I have nothing but high respecta nd good things to say about MCI aand LOH.

I also understand that Grant and some of the other crew will remain..AGAIN GOOD for the South Cali folks...GRANT has always been a EXCELLENT person to get the right thing done along with his service team..

BEST OF LUCK GUYS!!

3. Aimee

Aimee Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    AIMEE
    This is great news! The guys at Lamborghini Houston are a great bunch. Thaks for letting us know Roy...now back to the fiasco thread...(getting popcorn)....

4. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    wish them luck in this tough times

5. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Very true. But in these tough times it's good to hear ANY type of positive news like this. Looks like a few good guys will get their jobs back!

6. honeybone

honeybone Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Quebec
    Full Name:
    Honey Bone
    Seems like we'll be seeing a lot more of this kind of thing as the economy deteriorates;

Folding dealers shock car buyers with liens
    They find that they are now on the hook for bills they didn’t know about
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28965129/

7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.

WOW! I find it incredible that you can go to a dealer, buy a car, and then have the original lender of the dealer chase you for someone else's payment. That said how can you ever be sure that a car is paid off when you buy it?

8. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Just goes to show in todays world, have your lawyers phone in your Blackberry.

9. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    so why start a thread making it all into a big game then ?

was it the opportunity to promote roy cats and cats exotics yet again ?
    i hope it isnt the case - but it does appear that you're almost revelling in other peoples misfortune and publicly trying to make money from them.

forget the dealers - what about the man on the street who thought "wow ive got a wicked bargain here"
    basically you seem to be saying scr*w him tough luck.

nice attitude.

10. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Roy, seems like you dove into a foxhole to avoid this artillery only to land on another grenade...

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    You missed the whole point of this comment and the likes of boards like these.
    I pointed out a fact that has since been backed by several people here...including people who have these cars and have already had to deal with getting them back and jumping thorugh hoops...

I thought this was a place to share knowledge of things for all to see and make a decision..

OH and for what it is worth I am not a NEW car Dealer and not licensed to sell new cars by my State License...so these cars are of no concern to me as I am unable to buy and re-sell the big percentage of them....but after reading all the info on this..what do you think..

Are you going to Buy a Lambo tomorrow and not wonder if it one of these...so this thread was useless information to you..?

12. RP512TR

RP512TR Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    FRESNO
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I've been monitoring this thread too. I feel that Roy, you seem to be (trying) to shine on other Dealers misfortune. These customers who Purchased these cars, could have purchased from you too. Either way how would they have known this was going to happen to them. I guess there were new and used cars in the mix. You too sell used cars. I appreciate you expert advice, But it seems that there is alot more to the story and you've only been expaining the negitive. Please explain why the judge threw the case out of court? I don't understand that part, nor do I understand How the guy got his 2 cars back from B.H. Lambo by calling the LAPD and reporting the cars stolen? Not to stir things up, but it seems you are the (explainer) on this thread and nothing is seeming to make sense.

13. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    when this thread started, and for the first 10+ pages you didnt give any information.
    all you did was act like a kid going round shouting "i know a secret"

as far as im concerend you simply used other peoples misfortune to promote your own ego.
    maybe some useful info has come out of it now - but tbh thats not your doing and its plain to see nor was it your intention when you started the thread.

14. TonyShaw

TonyShaw Rookie

Nov 2, 2008
    #464 TonyShaw, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
    Lets make a few things clear:

(1) Roy is not an AUTHORIZED LAMBORGHINI DEALER (ANYWHERE)

(2) The lawsuit was tossed from court since VW had not provided any evidence of punitive damages, plan and simple.

Vik did not owe them 12 million dollars. He had paid them 6 million in October 2008. VW was owed 4 million.

Instead of working with Vik, they pulled his credit line. He could not get flooring anywhere else and had to close the dealership.

Roy seems to think they are just crooks. If they are crooks, they would not continue to own both Commonwealth Audi and VW.

I WAS AND AM A CUSTOMER of both dealerships and I like them.

Roy is working his own cause and does not care about anything but himself.

If Cats fails, I guess we can chat about that too!

15. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I did not "open" the can of worms as I wanted someone else to and they did...but I still get the blame for it..Ok so be it.

I am not a Lawyer so can not comment on why the case as filed was dismissed...but it was dismissed "without prejudice" which means they can and most likely will re file...

The two cars that were gotten back, I know those cars were "used" and had proper titles..again I am not aware of the Law in California, but I do know in this case these did have good titles..but still a hassel to go through..

16. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    110% correct, have said many times and I think it is pretty clear I AM NOT AN AUTHORIZED LAMBORGHINI DEALER as are a lot of car re-salers..last count I think there was 24 AUTHORIZED NEW CAR LAMBORGHINI DEALERS in the USA.

The rest I do not totaly agree with youu, as the facts have not come out, from either side. The retention of exsisting Dealerships does not forgo the action of LOC...totaly seperate business's. I also do not think it can be called "closed" the Dealership as you so easily claim,. I do not think anyone on any side is 100% clean of all this mess...

Yes I do care about myself and my business and how it is run. But I would think someone with some much more knowledge, Dealerships and Authorized Locations would have had a better plan of survivial in these days.

Again it comes to one thing...regardless if it was LOC, CATS, VW or any car seller...would you want to buy one of these cars and have to deal with the issuie...I am sure there are some for the right price that peopole would..I just choose not to.

17. RP512TR

RP512TR Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    FRESNO
    Full Name:
    Ross
    See Roy, It just doesn't make sense. When talking amongst friends, I was using your knowledge and quoting you, and the more and more you type, the the more i realize you really don't know too much about this. Your saying that the cars had proper title??? Weren't those 2 cars ON the "hot list"???? I think you need to lay low for a while until you really know. Your wrong info is just making you look bad on here. I know sales are tough, and High end sportscars are difficult to sell these days, but, comm'on no need to go WAY out of your way for a sale. It's almost like what your doing is (on a WAY SMALLER SCALE) what your critisizing LOC about. Anything for a sale... People do desperate things at desperate times...

18. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    No, there is no change, go back and read carefully...

1) I said ALL the cars involved are on a "hot list" with Lamborghini for no service work..that is correct as several here have stated and is proved with the two cars and what happened to them a LBH.

2) I said the NEW cars did not have proper titles, there were some used ones that already had titles for them and where signed over to the new buyers...if it was done correctly or not is for a court to decide.

Hope that clears it up for you..

19. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    Your not kidding. Did you see all the BS Roy is slinging on this thread... http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229893&page=21

20. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  21. ammoman

ammoman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    WINDERMERE FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    ERIC
    All i saw was your lack of class and misleading ads.
    Up until that thread you mention, i would have bought a car from you.
    I see your ebay ads and run the other way now.
    You should not mention that thread.
    JMO
    Eric

22. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
  23. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    +20. Just two businesses doing their best to scare off any customers. I can't imagine anybody successful enough to be able to afford their merchandise reading that thread and then be willing to actually buy a car from either of them.

24. TonyShaw

TonyShaw Rookie

Nov 2, 2008
    Roy's business will fail if he keeps playing all of these games! I have bought many exotics from authorized dealerships. He is second rate and he loves to see people fail! Wow, he has hours during the day to write all of these book like responses.

Digging a deeper hole! He knows nothing and I mean nothing about LOC.

He is a complete fool!

25. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Man, when did this thread become 'rag on Roy?'