L Calabasas & O.C. shut down? | Page 20 | FerrariChat

L Calabasas & O.C. shut down?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Oct 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    hopefully, i have had dealings with them in the past without any issues

2. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    The L-P user who earlier mentioned the list of VINs now says...

"I just talked to someone today from VAG credit. According to VAG, they have been following up on leads and turning them over to other groups (lawyers, FBI, police, etc.) They also say the most DMV's have been alerted of the situation. They have recovered a third of the cars so far."

The plot thickens...

3. jakopyan

jakopyan Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    #478 jakopyan, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009

What type of leads are they following up on? They tried to recover cars at auctions and the auction told them to leave the premises. They tried to sue LOC and the case got dismissed. They stole two cars from LBH and the cars were recovered by LAPD and returned to the owner. They placed 30 day holds on title at DMV until December 17th. VAG was not able to extend those holds beyond 30 days. After that, numerous cars have been sold and registered. I don't know how VAG would share such information with people. Especially since they have numerous lawsuits pending against them for their less than responsible behavior. There is so much information floating around everywhere. We don't know the actual facts. I guess we will have to wait and see how all this unfolds.

4. RP512TR

RP512TR Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    FRESNO
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Jakopyan, Actually, your information seems to be correct. I just checked with a connection with the courts, and everything you mentioned IS correct so far. VAG seems to be desperate and can't get anywhere. They have been losing everything they've tried for. Like you said, we'll have to wait and see how it all unfolds.

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills