lack sf90 interest? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

lack sf90 interest?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 95spiderman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i dont think its supposed to be deliberate. its just some models dont sell that well and sf90 might be one of them

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  2. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    That's too bad for the SF90, but that was totally... expected!

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    why expected? because of car or bc of harris? he typically likes ferraris

4. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    Of-course, because of the car!, you though it's because of Chris Harris:D!!!

Shadowfax likes this.
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    This is a two-pronged issue:
    1) Is Harris factually correct? Well, he has no inside info, so he is none the wiser ψομπαρεδ το θσ.
    2) It bares no significance whether he likes Ferraris or not. He is being controversial just for the sake of controversy.

fil and Boomhauer like this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Are you swearing in Greek again? :oops:

This game of buy what you don't need to get some other car you do want is being adopted by dealerships to sell more cars. Give them an inch and they will soon take a mile. These tactics are being used...

Shadowfax and Gh21631 like this.
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    An sf90 alone will not get you anywhere near the next hypercar. Sf90 is a mass production car and a first iteration hybrid most have a notion to avoid. You will likely be disqualified if you don't buy one and lose on it but it does not qualify you to get a hypercar. The next LaF and likely every hyper after is sold out as soon as they put the pencil down and probably 95% (or more) of the recipients are already known.

manya81 likes this.
  8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Maybe not next laf but I bet sf90 can get you next f8 pista

Thecadster likes this.
  9. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just wondering. Is the sf a replacement for the la’f? Or is it supposed to be a new bracket between the f8 and la F?

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    So can an 812. They are piling up at the dealers and they need to move them.

Shadowfax likes this.
  11. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    My understanding is it’s a new category below LAF.

MotorMouth likes this.
  12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    laf, enzo, f50, etc are all limited edition special category models. sf90 is a regular production model above f8. new laf car will prob be couple years away still

13. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think they went the wrong way with the new model bracket. The 360 base price was $130k 15 years ago. An F8 is over $300, and they figure they need a higher segment...

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Yes, why not? They are Ferrari, not Lotus!

x z8 likes this.
  15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    But to be fair the vote would always place Pista on top and sf90 on bottom....so no point even having a poll on that.

Harris is the Hero when saying what some want to hear however, quickly becomes the villain when saying otherwise. Pretty standard reactions...

16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Why would Harris be a hero? I haven't quoted him once! I don't rate him that highly at all.

stavura and Boomhauer like this.
  17. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ok so were they Ferrari 15 years ago when the predecessor was less than half or has there been 120% inflation since 2004?

18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    This comment was not directed specifically at you - was made as a general observation.

I will also say at least Harris can drive a car at the limit therefore, his opinion is of far more value than other reviewers with less of a skill set. For the readers it's easier to judge personalities rather than accept the truth of the point/s he makes.

imahorse and Astrid.Didier like this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferraris are getting better, quicker and more expensive. Most sports cars are. I am all for it. After all these are toys, not means of transportation. Ordinary cars remain affordable.

Boomhauer likes this.
  20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Give me a Sutcliffe any day of the week, twice on a Sunday.

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #246 Shadowfax, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Similar skill-set different personality. Everyone can have their favorites. I don't mind either of these guys and rate them much the same. You will always find someone more outspoken than the other and in some ways that isn't a bad thing. Essentially they are at least qualified to comment on their likes/dislikes.

PS.PS. Saw sf90 the other day. To me it looked very Faux pas.....was very very underwhelmed indeed. I can see exactly why they will definitely struggle with this one.....oh boy.......

22. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave

That’s true but on the other hand, the performance gap between the Ferraris and cars less than half the cost is a smaller gap than ever.

Astrid.Didier and Shadowfax like this.
  23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The major problem for Ferrari is not only is this level of performance mostly inaccessible 99.999% of the time but part of the equation is having a deal of unwanted complexities - complexities which the brand is not yet renowned as being reliable for. Now that one is a BIG problem right there! Oddly, but I guess not surprisingly, the sf90 I saw was still attached to a tender. Like go figure..:rolleyes:

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Well, you don't like the car (fair enough), but I doubt that Ferrari will have a problem selling the whole production. In any case, I would imagine that one should reserve judgement about the car till they actually drove it.

The law of diminishing returns. In F1 they spend 100 million Euros for 1-2 seconds per lap...

Go figure what exactly? It's a plug-in-hybrid, it's supposed to be plugged in...

x z8 and Boomhauer like this.
  25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #250 Shadowfax, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Not sure if i could be bothered driving it after looking at it. The whole thing looked a total debacle in a design sense. Very awkward, heavy and disproportionate looking. Certainly no Laf replacement in any way shape or form. I was expecting much better given all the hype leading up t

And go figure in the sense its hauling a ton of battery yet still needs plugging in to make sure it starts. The ice and braking system would surely be able to regenerate enough cranking power between drives?

And whether Ferrari sells enough is of zero interest to me although i suspect they will build mainly to order to not wind up like maclaren did with the 570 where there were Holding yards full of the things - most ending up being discounted massively in a bid to shift them. That all being said id buy a 570 for half price over sf90. Actually on second thoughts no - id buy neither.

95spiderman and Astrid.Didier like this.