lack sf90 interest? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

lack sf90 interest?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 95spiderman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dela

Dela Karting

Aug 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    D
    I agree! Price is most likely the deterrent here.
    In terms of design, I wouldn't say it's the most beautiful (I think the 488 line is), but this is certainly refreshing in my opinion.

x z8, wrs and fil like this.
  2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I have not seen it in person so I am only going on the pictures. It could look much better in person.

3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    SF90 at Austin dealer today for F1-related event.

4. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    That’s gotta be why it’s here. I’ll be at the track tomorrow, forza Ferrari!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Open to the public? I’m in Austin for the race. I might head by there this morning before heading to COTA.

6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    My dealer had 14 confirmed orders the day after the official launch...I went to the launch and I still ended up 15th on the list...wait until the first tests appear and it pulverises everything in the market and then you will see if there is interest. By the way the initial reaction on Ferraris these days is quite a bad indicator of the quality of the car...Remember the first tests of the Pista? Some testers said this is a 20% improvement on the regular 488 and probably not worth the trouble...The SAME testers (eg Autocar) tested the car again and said the car is on a different planet compared to the regular 488. And having owned both it IS. Even Chris Harris (best car journalist on the planet together with Sutcliffe in my opinion) thought it is comparable to the 600LT and then the Mac ended up 4 seconds slower on track...I personally think the SF90 will set a new benchmark for supercar performance. Whether one likes it or not is totally subjective. I love it and it confirms that Ferrari still makes the best cars in the market

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Dane100, x z8, Jim Smith and 14 others like this.
  7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I agree with everything else you have said, but comparing Harris to Sutcliffe is an insult to Steve IMHO. Steve is the best British journo, by far. There are some great Italian, French, German, Japanese and American journos also.

dustman and Shack like this.
  8. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Don't think so, the yellow and black one was there for the unveiling at the pre F1 party.

9. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    As with every other model, they will sell each and every one they care to make. That simple. And they will make one less than demand, as they’ve always done. Arguing aesthetics is idiotic. It is a Ferrari, and as they’ve shown every time they produce a new sports car it will be a spectacular performance machine.

We’ve reached a point where a 488 on its own isn’t that much better than the 488 and the F8 isn’t that much better than the 488 because these cars are so stupidly good that there is only so much that each can improve upon. SF90 brings new technology that will ruffle some feathers as all new things do. The dual clutch is less engaging than a manual, yet it has been accepted and we move on. Turbos are less engaging than NA, yet they have been accepted and we move on. Sound is every bit as important to the experience as the manual was, yet we will all move on as performance continues to astound.

And for those who still long for a third pedal or the banshee scream of a V8 at full boil there are plenty of choices out there. Arguing incessantly about the aesthetics of something you have no plan or ability to purchase points to serious deficiencies in your life. Best to spend time and energy on whatever it is you do enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dane100, x z8, The Outcast and 13 others like this.
  10. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    An exceptional post! Triple “Like”!!

FSM348 and Jrdude5 like this.
  11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I agree. I saw it, I liked it. The end. But I don’t feel the need to keep on telling everyone about it. Can’t think anyone doesn’t know what Mr Ohanoune thinks but he is only one opinion, as am I or any of us. There are plenty of people here who are planning to buy one and Mr O is someone who is clearly not, same as with all new Ferraris. Conclusion? This one is no different from the others.

12. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    #37 Ohanoune, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    And I truly agree with u, I don't know why they even care about my opinion or even the opinion of my friends, I just answered a Q on a new topic, the guy who started this topic asked why there is no interest for the car (AM I RIGHT?) and I replied to the topic simply:) >>(BECAUSE IT LOOKS UGLY BUT IT HAS GREAT PERFORMANCE AND GREAT NEW TECHNOLOGY I GUESS!)

They only cared about my words that it looks ugly and they ignored the same opinion of mine that I think it has great performance and great new technology !! that's funny. ;) ;
    But I know why! , because many of them they think it's really ugly but they try HARD to forget it, and I come every little while to remind them. of-course joking ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

13. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    :D:rolleyes:

14. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I saw it in person at the Finali Mondiali last weekend and I must say it does look very good. And I don't think another regular Ferrari model has ever got such interest from the customers, because I have asked 2 European and 1 Swiss dealers and all of them said that the SF90 is completely sold out in Europe.

stavura, REALZEUS and KenU like this.
  15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    just too many cars from ferrari - its bmw all over again...

16. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I agree, but in these days in the automotive world you either do this or you die.

17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    No doubt there is high interest for the car, but the "sold out" message from Ferrari and the dealers at each new model unveiling becomes a slightly boring "déjà vu".

18. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I'm not talking about the unveiling. I emailed them last week to ask for pricing and availability and all of them pretty much said: "Fu*k off loser, you're too late". :D

19. F12B88

F12B88 Karting

Aug 16, 2013
    Does it look better than the Pista?

perrinnation likes this.
  20. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I personally think it does.

Dane100, x z8 and perrinnation like this.
  21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The way I would interpret that is that they have secured customers for their first batch of allocations; I guess many things could happen after the first deliveries. Since these first deliveries are still not that close, the dealers don't want to expand their stack of waiting customers; but when production actually start they may begin to chase customers again.

22. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes. I like it better than the 488 or Pista and I have a 488 spider which I think is great looking. I prefer a spider but if I could get one of these I would do without the drop top to have it.

Kabbs likes this.
  23. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    If I was in such position and I still had customers, that are interested, I would still continue to take deposits for sure, by just warning the customers, that they may not be receiving the car at the end (they did the same for the Pistas).

But the fact, that they don't even want to discuss it and they just say" It's sold out, period", means that it is really sould out.

24. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    C8 is also 'sold out' but what does that even mean in car speak?

Jaguar36 likes this.
  25. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not wanting to argue uselessly, but that would mean Ferrari already knows how many they will build and have identified customers for each and every example. Since it's not even clear when production will start and how long it will last, I really doubt it (also considering that one of the main goals of Ferrari is to expand its production).