lack sf90 interest? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

lack sf90 interest?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 95spiderman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    The biggest mistake in that scenario would be needlessly cutting themselves off from the opportunity to sell consolation prizes. Not hard to imagine the various customers assuaging their disappointment by adding a F8 to the stable or even a used 812, etc. Additionally, taking excessive deposits would prevent this gambit...”while we are waiting for any follow up allocations, you certainly could improve your positioning by acquiring car XYZ.”

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I passed, I'm not buying the first version of this new power plant.

3. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    LVP488 - Of course they know how many will they build. They have an annual production capacity after all :)

Thecadster - they have done that with the Pista - they have taken a lot more deposits than the total number of Pistas that are and will be made.

4. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    The info I've received from London dealership is that all SF90s for them have been allocated thus 'sold out'.

Ferrari 308 Vetro likes this.
  5. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    1) To some eyes, design falls flat - too busy/cluttered
    2) High price
    3) Not wanting 1st year of such new technology
    4) Concern about high battery replacement cost ($20-30k?)
    5) Concern tech in car could already be obsolete in only a few years
    6) Weight - hybrid motors/battery add 600 lbs
    7) Lack of sound due to GPF
    8) Still prefer RWD over the SF90's AWD/FWD
    9) Interior too "techie"
    10) No interest in Hybrid/EV

Quotes from Autoweek:

"Ferrari says its three areas of concern were the high-voltage controls (battery, RAC-e [the electronic cornering system on the front axle], the rear motor and inverter), the engine and gearbox control, and the vehicle dynamics controls."

"... important keeping the new electric motors cool. Not only does the engine generate temps of nearly 900 degrees Celsius, the electric components are just sensitive. The engine and transmission in the SF90 Stradale are cooled by two radiators in front of the front wheels. That air is then channeled under the body. That means the air flowing along the flanks, that goes to the rear intercoolers, is cooler. The electric motors work off a separate system with its own radiator."

"Even the brakes get their own cooling system. Brembo supplies the calipers, which feature an integrated aerodynamic appendage that “distributes the highly charged air flow from the special air intake directly under the headlights on the front bumpers, more efficiently to the brake pads and discs.”

Ferrari or not, some of us just aren't interested in Hybrid vehicles, or all the potentially problem-prone technology that comes with them. And that's aside from the fact that these components will be expensive to replace someday when car is out of warranty.

No right or wrong answers here. As always, just comes down to personal preference.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    The car is NOT sold out in France NOR in Switzerland, contact those Ferrari dealers (List below) and they will be very happy to give u 100 and not only 1 ! Any service my friend! ;) ;)

Levallois-Perret, France
    +33 1 47 39 96 50

Ferrari Cannes
    Le Cannet, France
    +33 4 93 45 04 50

Modena Cars SA
    Plan-les-Ouates, Switzerland
    +41 22 757 87 87

7. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    Very interesting post, u just killed the SF90 Stradale completely my friend ;), but let me disagree on 1 point, electric is the future, Ferrari had no choice!

Ferrari was the victim of the new rules, same goes to Lamborghini and other sport-cars manufacturers. I think the future of super-cars is a mystery now, the golden days are way gone!! But I can try hard to love future electric super-cars!

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I haven’t seen the SPF90 in person but am curious if it at least looks more cohesive than the 812 abomination?

9. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    I love the 812, it's my fav Ferrari car actually :)! but of course u r free to not like the 812, it's ur opinion, and I totally respect that;), but as for the SF90 believe or not the SF90 is not just an ugly car, I'm going to tell u here but first excuse my English

As for the SF90, in fact it is NOT only an ugly car, it's MORE, if it was only an ugly car I would say ok, it's ugly like the FF was, the car which replaced the most beautiful and elegant "Ferrari 612 Scaglietti", I was sad but it was OK.

But the SF90, it's something else, the car looks stupid, that what you will feel when u see it on flesh, u will feel like something very stupid standing beside u, something out of proportion and again very stupid, I can imagine myself driving it around and people looking at me thinking I'm stupid!, u know that feeling???

I think the designer wanted to do a spaceship as he mentioned, but he forgot that Ferrari DNA and that spaceship thing (THEY DON'T MIX), Ferrari is Ferrari, it's NOT a spaceship, Ferrari is something unique and better than any spaceship!!

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    No kidding.

Ohanoune likes this.
  11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    When there is the stripe expanded on the front part it does not look good to me, but without I think it's OK.
    Look appreciation is subjective anyway, if the designers like it I guess other people could.

Ohanoune likes this.
  12. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Modena Cars is the exact Swiss dealer I contacted. They said that the car is completely sold out.

13. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    See post #23

F142George and rumen1 like this.
  14. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I am passing for all those reasons except #1 where I wouldn't say flat but all out ugly. I know electric is the future and I'll do it once I have no other choice.

Ohanoune likes this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #65 paulchua, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Geffen paid $140 million for this:
    Is he stupid? I don't think so. This Pollock certainly doesn't speak to me. It is what it is, and I'm happy for him and what gives him happiness insofar it's his money after all.

As far as a car's aesthetics (or lack thereof) - it's a fool's errand to try and make it objective.

Implying anybody would be 'stupid' to like car As or car Bs looks is like saying somebody is stupid if they like or not like hard rock, foie gras, or Picasso.

Hey, hate what you hate, but I find it a tell to seek persuasion on such subjective components as art and personal taste.

x z8, KenU, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The SF90 by no means is the first Ferrari to engender, how shall we say, less than enthusiastic responses aesthetically. What I've learned about Ferrari is they elicit passion (both negative and positive) - it is outsized in both directions.

That is how you can find folks that say the Enzo is the most beautiful and ugly car at the same time. That's what real art does, it elicits emotion, hopefully mostly good, but just as often negative. You'll never have passionate debates on a 99 Honda Accord's styling. It's going to be relegated to being a utilitarian vehicle eventually forgotten.

Just spend 5 minutes at the Mona Lisa exhibit at the Louvre, you'll find folks that are emotional messes trying to get to the front, to people that roll their eyes and say "that's it?"

The lesson to take away from this is to ask yourself, what car do *I* find beautiful? If you can afford it, buy it. Even in a Ferrari 250 GTO, you'll see *that* person that says it's ugly and they don't understand why somebody would pay 70 million for it.

17. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    Of course I understand ur point, and because I work in the fashion world, and I can see how different the reactions of people towards new fashion elements etc.. but as for the SF90 I only have said what I felt and I don't mean that people who will buy it would be stupid. of course no, though I can hardly see any1 who is above 30s or 40s can drive it and it will look OK. The car in real life makes u laugh !! and I'm not talking here about if it's ugly or not.
    I mean the car doesn't look OK, something out of proportion, something truly wrong, something radical in a way that made me laugh! but again I want to say that it has a great interior though! "all touch buttons, true magic", that's why I'v said the interior of the SF90 + the exterior of the F8 spider = A dream car.

And as for the "Bacchanalia" by Jackson Pollock, I would pay anything of course if I only CAN to OWN it. BTW Bacchanalia was its original name before they changed it to “No. 5” , I prefer it's original name anyway.

18. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    Plz try again, and don't send emails, call them, or better to give them a visit, and show them that u r "serious" about purchasing 1 from them, and if they replied to u again and said it's soldout and that stuff, just let me know "message me" and I'll help u through that.

paulchua likes this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Somebody aged 30+ and drives down the street in an SF90, you would laugh at them, yet if they are 29 not? What is the differentiator that make the older driver worthy of ridicule?

As for the Pollock, I'm glad you like it!

Ohanoune likes this.
  20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Great, PM me the name to use, and I will contact them tonight.

21. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    HHaa, of course no, hhh, plz try to see the car in person, u ll know exactly what I mean ;)

22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    x z8 and Ohanoune like this.
  23. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    And that's why the SF90 brought a kinda of war into the Ferrari-chat, at-least that what I feel,
    Maybe because I don't think at all !!!!!!!! ;) ;)

paulchua likes this.
  24. Ohanoune

Ohanoune Karting
    BANNED

Sep 29, 2016
    Paris/ Milan/ Dubai
    No realy, plz try to see the car in person, and u will know what I mean, because I think u have an artistic mind, and u know artists see beauty in a different way, they are sensitive to beauty, and I'm sure u ll know exactly what I mean.

25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    That's a fair and a humble response. Totally fine if you think the SF90 is ugly and makes you laugh. Many people think Pollock's paintings are ugly and makes them laugh (that's the point I was trying to make.) Just realize you're not going to make many friends on this forum, an SF90 enthusiast section and say their cars are ugly.

KenU and Ohanoune like this.