Ladenburg Ferrari | FerrariChat

Ladenburg Ferrari

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by 375+, Aug 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Rosey and trashidelek! like this.
  2. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    I could not agree more. From where I stand, this sale comes off as an underwhelming combination of unrealistically high prices and an overall less than spectacular selection of offerings. The concept of an all Ferrari automobilia auction seems like a good one. Too bad that the execution, in this instance, seems lackluster.

Seppefan, Nembo1777 and 375+ like this.
  3. joejackson

joejackson Karting

Aug 18, 2006
    Muenster/Germany
    Full Name:
    Gert S
    Well said.

But what i don't understand at all is the number and quality of the photos. If you are interested in the books for example you can't judge the condition.

Very disappointing...

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It looks like they took individual images and turned them into a collage of sorts?

5. joejackson

joejackson Karting

Aug 18, 2006
    Muenster/Germany
    Full Name:
    Gert S
    Yes, see lot numbers 245 or 246 for instance. But in lot numbers 356-360 you can see only the spines. This does not help at all.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  6. greendino

greendino Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    Leonard Green
    There is a whole load more Ferrari photographs and literature being sold at Ladenburg this week. Some of the prices in the last sale were incredible.

Rosey likes this.
  7. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    I agree, something has definitely happened lately with period press photos, signed letters, early postcards, etc. The question, though, is what? While it could be a generalized new and more intense interest in these items emerging, it could also be nothing more than a few (or even two) very well-financed buyers slugging it out. Right now, I am inclined to think that it is probably the latter, but time will tell...

8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    There are currently at least two major bidders for old photos.
    One of these recently paid Euro € 5'467 for a single print (bw Ferrari photo from 1953).

Marcel Massini

Rosey and 375+ like this.
  9. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Agree, I've been buying old Auto show photos/negatives etc for a very long time and In the last 2 or 3 years prices have gone up a lot.
    I have bought beautiful slides in the past for £10 to £15 each with similar examples now fetching hundreds.