LaF or F50? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

LaF or F50?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by dustman, Jan 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Well done on that reco. I dont believe we secured any in USA though?
    I tried to bring in the AM Vantage GT-8, saldy even the CEO and factory could not make it happen due to regs. The most remarkeable sounding car I've had the pleasure to drive/be around. Might have to get a garage in UK just to be able to enjoy one.

2. Peter N.

Peter N. Rookie

Aug 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peter N.
    There are about 10 of them in the US. There is one available. PM me and I can give you the details.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  4. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Here is some of my feelings when I went back to back in the LaF and F50 (as well as a 599 GTO). In favor of the last two is that the 599 GTO had a sports exhaust and the F50 straight pipes and was in Barchetta mode.

The LaF shocked me by its acceleration (even in straight line I almost felt uncomfortable and had a new feeling almost as if being pulled forward as opposed to pushed forward). I was in awe and had a grimace on my face. Then I jumped into the F50 and the grimace was replaced by a huge smile and a such good feeling while changing gear and experiencing the high revs close to my ear.

The third leg was in the 599 GTO with another big smile and even though not manual, the brutal gear shifts (especially down with the engine rev up) was just so enthralling.

No critique of the LaF, but I did not feel a waow when I saw it or when I sat in it or when the driving was ‘normal’. The other two (as well as the F40 and Enzo) do give me strong excitement in contrast in these events.

Finally, may be on a blind test one would not be able to easily differentiate a LaF from other modern hybrids existing or to come. But in the other cars mentioned the recognition factor is immediate.

This is from the passion point of view. If you take the investment front, I guess the story is even more pronounced (open market price: from £2.5m+ down to < £2m versus £0.7m to £2m - circa ‘14 to today).

This does not take anything away from the LaF and its incredible achievement. I would have been offered one by Ferrari, I would have jumped on the occasion...

Camlet1, imahorse, joe sackey and 4 others like this.
  5. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I said in comparison to.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Cultivated collector in New Canaan, CT has one for sale. Matthew Ivanhoe is the owner and a very nice guy.

https://thecultivatedcollector.com/stock/1991-jaguar-xjr-15/29

It will be on another level of rawness when compared to the F50 but you are sure to get an experience everytime you drive it.

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    What do these even sell for?

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I think at least $1.2m to $1.5m.

9. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The last XJR15 that sold at auction hammered for 270,000 Euro in 2017.

10. Peter N.

Peter N. Rookie

Aug 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peter N.
    The car at Cultivated will be significantly higher than $1.5m. The value of these cars has increased exponentially over the past couple of years, plus it’s a delivery mile car. Those that know these cars well think they’re still undervalued.

titangolf likes this.
  11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Got it. I am going to keep focused on Laff and F50 for now.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Seems like very few F50s are available...maybe best to buy the LaF now that is more common and enjoy it until the F50 you want pops up and trade for it. Unless you fall in love with the LaF.

plastique999 likes this.
  13. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    max girardo sold one a while back, ask them what it went for to give you some guidance.

14. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    The F50 is so amazing to drive. I did a two hour mountain drive a few months ago and didn’t stop grinning for a week. I then tracked it at about 6/10ths and the sound was intoxicating. I’ve subsequently received my FXX at the track and that car is even more incredible, but the manual shifting, open top, street car aspect of the F50 is phenomenal.

I have the La Ferrari Aperta. It is a very special car to me. It is so rare that I hesitate taking it out onto the street sometimes which is not common for me. I suppose you always have one car that is just so expensive that you hesitate a little. (It used to be a $100,000 Nissan GTR, lol). On the track, it is a little bit too loose in the steering to be comfortable at significant pace. The FXXK Evo is not at all like that. The K is a very comfortable track car.

If it were La Ferrari coupe versus F50, for me, I would grab the F50. It is not as easy to be an every day driver like the La could actually be, but it is a very special and exhilarating event on the street.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thank you!

16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #66 Bas, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    From 100K GTR to what is most certainly an incredible collection of great cars. Congrats with your success! Any pics of your garage?

17. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Can't imagine … just fantastic !!!

MDS

18. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Really nice reviews...

19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    NürScud, Wi11am, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  21. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  22. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    NürScud, BMW.SauberF1Team and Bas like this.
  23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Business never sleeps...

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    From a driving perspective I cannot imagine how one can pass on the LaFerrari. It has nearly double the power of the F50. It is a Eurofighter against a Harrier. We all love the Harrier, but it is no match for the new machine!

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    NürScud and Bas like this.