LaFerrari FXX-K Evo | Page 5 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari FXX-K Evo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by tomgt, Feb 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Aventador kink in the front bumper. After the 812, I think someone at Ferrari Design is spending too much time looking over Lambo designs. Hope they don't copy the Huracan for the 488 replacement...

tomgt likes this.
  2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I think that a Laferrari Aperta with that wing could look like a great modern day F50...

perrinnation likes this.
  3. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    i agree that new front end is ugly..if you look at the newly added 'squares' on both side alone those disrupt the hell out of the original design. the previous winglets was the silliest part now it is the front..the big wing isn't all that good looking either but at least it is a full on spoiler. i do like the new opening underneath the rear light though.

4. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
  5. Greg23

Greg23 Karting
    Owner

Jun 1, 2011
    CH, ITA, USA
    Full Name:
    Greg B.
    Not sure on either... I believe the majority of the people who use the car will do the upgrade...

6. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Aesthetically I think it's a nice evolution, except I don't feel comfortable with the lambo front. Functionally, I love that the moving spoiler is still there and combines its effect with the fixed wing.

7. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    What’s new other than the aero and the steering wheel? Oily bits?

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It's not supposed to be pretty, it's supposed to be functional.

s-mario and NürScud like this.
  9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    in this spy video xxk-evo appeared with more gt3/gte-ish look..but somehow the real deal cannot match expectations( lookwise)
    may be single-tone color will help.

10. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    meh, not a good 'evo' imo when you consider the 599 evo had +20hp -35kg +more aero +active rear wing added and was 2 seconds quicker around Fiorano

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    We don't know how much faster the FXX-K Evo is compared to the FXX-K and at any rate it would murder the 599XX Evo.

12. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Less weight? Check (STG in the video above said -20kgs);
    More aero? Absolutely;
    Active rear wing? Already there, even on the road-legal base model;
    More power? Not possible. Genè, during an interview with Evo Magazine, said the N/A power unit is very close to its absolute limit and electric motor/batteries would need significant upgrades (=more weight) in order to see substantial power increases. Plus, is there really need for more power when you're already above 1000+ PS?

13. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Hope one of the owners specs their car in Blu Elettrico!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I'm just saying I feel like you got more with the 599 evo package. I understand the Fxx-K is a difficult package to improve on.
    any idea where the weight savings are coming from?

15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    De simone mentions improvements in engine and kers too? 5:20

16. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    Is the engine still 6.262 liters or was it increased to 6.496 liters like the 812 engine?
    There you can get 32 HP easily.

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Does someone know if there will be some new car built or if that's just an upgrade on existing cars ?

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Both new cars will be made and old cars will have the opportunity to upgrade. Greg confirmed that earlier in the thread and the Jalopnik article posted above has this in it: "The Ferrari FXX-K Evo, which is not meant for road use and “will not be used in competition outside its dedicated programme,” can either be bought outright as part of an “extremely limited-run,” or current FXX-K owners can have their vehicles upgraded."

dcmetro likes this.
  20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  21. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    I wish they would have done a better job with the steering wheel. More like the steering wheel on the Ferrari F1 SF70H.......The F1 inspire wheel on the McLaren P1 GTR look nicer then this

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I agree somewhat. I think both the FXXK and the P1 GTR have pretty plain looking steering wheels. Both should have used wheels that look very similar to F1 steering wheels with a built-in monitor among other features.

23. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    while i find the normal p1 to be inferior in the look department vs lafe, the p1 gtr is still more good looking than the evo. something about the overly complicated front end of evo really turns me off. but i am just only talking about the appearance, i am sure the engine and handling will make up for it.

24. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Guys i didn't understand something. I know that Ferrari will sell this as a kit for the FXX K but the thing that i didn't understand is if they will make a couple of more FXX K cars with the Evo package already installed on them.

25. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Thanks to an "innovative carbon fiber component crafting process", derived from their F1 experience. That's the only info I could find.

Same 6.3L V12.