LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale? | Page 26 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ale55andr0, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    They should have made it with a central driving position, just 1 seat.

babgh and willcrook like this.
  2. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario

Something to think about, regarding sound...

jpalmito likes this.
  3. sailfly

sailfly Karting

Dec 21, 2020
    How is Newey to blame? Red bull hasn't even been part of the project since last year. Sure, he specified the carbon chassis, the engine, the hybrid system, and most importantly the aero, but who is responsible for developing it, building it, and making sure everything works? Aston martin is not exactly known for its expertise in any of the above mentioned areas (powertrain is done in cologne, zero carbon experience, zero hybrid experience, zero aero experience) and they were basically insolvent when they took on the project as some kind of hail mary. And to boot Stroll is now instructing Multimatic to build it as cheaply as possible. Its sad to see the potential of such an amazing concept nurtured, however it is no way because of Newey's lofty (but achievable) targets, but the inept and incapable partner that was/is Aston Martin.
    I think you are referring to Andy Palmer.

Johnny_Bravo and babgh like this.
  4. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
  5. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
  6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Super impressive car, but a lot more expensive than the coupe and no one knows yet when they will deliver and how it will drive…
    It may turn out to be the new Mclaren F1 but with a starting price close to $4m before local taxes it is a serious bet.
    At the original price of the coupe it would be a bargain and I am sure it will be one of the most exciting cars of all time

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

7. nandofacchini

nandofacchini Karting

Sep 15, 2006
    I agree. It's the most impressive car I've ever seen. In the subject "Race car for the street", this is the real deal. I don't think I could fit in it. I'm 6'2 and the cockpit seems pretty tight. And I like driving on open roads, so I'm not sure how it can handle the real world. It seems very unpractical... I wished it had a Ferrari badge on it though... This is probably one of the few cars I lust which is not a Ferrari...

8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It is horrible, not good looking and I do not like it, not at all.

Marcel Massini

Carl A, Jonathan19, fil and 1 other person like this.
  9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The AMG one is worse to my taste.
    Hope the next icona would be a looker ( in a classic way)

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  10. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

i think this is lamborghinis definition of ferrari icona.. and what a horrible thing ! since the ferrari monza several competitors had tried to do so-called retro themed car and no one able to execute it better than ferrari. as a new icona is coming we can only hope it won't look like this kind of monstrosity .

[​IMG] photo- Thomas Magnum
    at monterey car week a dedicated icona ferrari hospitality center. any chance they are private previewing the next icona there?

babgh, NürScud, 611LW and 1 other person like this.
  11. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    #639 George330, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    Agree on the new Countach. As a former owner I was looking forward to the car being revealed but we ended up getting an Aventador facelift at 7 times the price. Doesn’t even look like a Countach.
    Don’t get me wrong I would prefer to buy this instead of an Aventador and I like the SuperCapacitor concept, but not at all sure I would value it at $3 million
    If this is Lamborghini’s Icona they need learn from Ferrari. The SP1/SP2 was a work of art, it was released at a much lower price (1.5m EUR all-in vs 2+ plus tax) and most of the people I spoke to at the time thought it was way too expensive given that it was based on the 812. Just one of my friends thought it was a great buy at the time (and he was right).
    The Countach is limited to 112, but I would argue that this is down to the differences between the Ferrari audience and the Lamborghini audience. The latter is smaller, the brand is less powerful and their ability to shift hundreds of cars at these prices is not the same as Ferrari. Still the Countach is probably at the price levels we expect the next LaF to launch and that will be a much more advanced car.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

[gTr], Thelovelyrock18, babgh and 3 others like this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Fully agree with your analysis.
    And just wait for the next Icona ..

Thelovelyrock18 and Jonathan19 like this.
  13. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Car collector @Ye110w_ posted stories which seem to show that there was an Icona show at Pebble Beach, there was professional singing/dancing in the post and in the background the wall had a screen on it with a prancing horse and “ICONA FERRARI” written on it. Might be just celebrating the fact that there were so many Monzas at Pebble or a preview of the next Icona perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

611LW, Jonathan19 and of2worlds like this.
  14. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    at least reserve some judgement until you've driven one :)

the only complaint I have is I think is the cabin noise is insanely loud on the pre-production models.

the performance will be unrivaled though

babgh and therryzsx like this.
  15. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Image Unavailable, Please Login ??

jpalmito and Jonathan19 like this.
  16. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    A Ferrari P4 Icona!? Where do I sign?

17. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    You wonder of someone has read your message? answer is yes, absolutely!

The iconic models are numerous and Ferrari has plenty of choices to get inspiration for a next Icona - and the P4 would indeed be a good choice as very famous. However, someone would probably block the use of the « inspired design from P4 » as he has already used it for its P4/5.

611LW and 9nb like this.
  18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I don't understand what Iconas, or other cars for that matter (like the Valkyrie and the new Countach posted before), have anything to do with LaFerrari's replacement...

19. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    you could argue nothing has anything to do with LaFerraris replacement, even though it's natural for people to compare cars and in reality it can be an interesting topic of conversation

I reject the whole 'if they sold out the car was a success so comparison is pointless' philsophy which some people brought to the table with the La Ferrari/P1/918 discussions

20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Iconas are just "ordinary" production Ferraris in different clothes; don't think that they belong in this discussion. Same goes for the Countach, which is a redesigned Sian. The Valkyrie is an amazing machine, but still not relevant to the topic of the "new LaFerrari", even though this one could be a competitor in terms of ethos.

Marcel Massini likes this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    #649 jpalmito, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Well if the next P4 Icona is based on the laferrari tub and powertrain we can't hardly say it's just an ordinary production restyling..

Jonathan19 likes this.
  22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That's just a wild hypothesis.