LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale? | Page 29 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ale55andr0, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Having recently driven an F50 for the first time, I can most certainly understand and agree with your sentiment!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    #702 day355, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    Completely disagree on this point!
    Ferrari "capitalizes on the badge", and this is the expression that is often heard inside.
    For some time to come, they still have the square of ace represented by the weight of history and the myth that it has become.
    You would be surprised to see how decisions are made and how it goes.
    However, they understood two essential things, the first being that the 90% of their clientele are neither pilots nor enthusiast.
    Our community is not representative of the vast majority of customers.
    The second being that with the badge on, one can sell them anything and everything, the important being the possession and claiming possession, more than the use as it should be.
    And in the times to come, it is this last aspect which will become essential and the marketing offensive aiming to make forget the history, or to rewrite it will be without precedent because it will be necessary to sell s... electricity.

3. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Advanced.

snowboy458 likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I think you are being unfair day355. Current Ferraris are the best ever. Electrification is a necessity. No manufacturer can avoid it. Embrace the change, don't become stuck in the old ways.

5. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    Unfortunately I think you are correct, this forum is not representative of the majority of buyers, and what you are saying I believe to be true. The bottom line is this, they are now a publicly traded company, to me the beauty of Ferrari prior to the listing was they were under the Fiat umbrella ,it gave them so much leeway which they cannot accomplish today as a public company at this point.

6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Not sure I see where exactly we disagree. I made the statement that “Ferrari makes the cars everyone dreams of”. This is reflected in its brand value and its sales which are best in class. Every car manufacturer dreams of being Ferrari. Whether they make the cars you or I dream of is absolutely irrelevant. As you say 90% of the clientele has nothing to do with this forum. You only have to see how many people here admire McLaren products (me included) and then check out how McLaren is doing financially (very poorly). Fchat purist approval does not translate into sales in 2021 my friend. You and I belong to a different era and the sooner we realise that the sooner we will understand where this market is going.

My children love cars and driving. However they will never buy a car that is not electric because they consider it environmentally unacceptable. They will never buy a manual because they believe it is unnecessarily complex and doesn’t add to their driving experience. They think my Dino is a beautiful museum piece that drives terribly and pollutes like nothing else. And if they have the money they will queue up to buy the first fully electric Ferrari because they love the brand, the looks and couldn’t care less if the engine is shared with our washing machine… and these are kids that grew up with prancing horses: V12s, V8s, 60s beauties…

I dream of a 1000kg stripped out Ferrari with a small-block V12, a manual gearbox, no stereo, no navigation, no apple car play, no leather except for the seats…the problem is outside this forum almost no one else does

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Even here very few do...

8. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Yes, I think you are right, we belong to another era, and at 45 years old I would have liked to enjoy the best of the automobile even a little. I have the weakness to think that the automobile is the art of movement in space and that, therefore, Ferrari is an expression of this art ...
    Art is timeless.
    Indeed, it is not necessary to exhaust oneself to do between this to the new generations if they do not wish it.
    No need to offer a bottle of good wine to anyone who wants coca cola.
    The sad thing about all of this is that we are at a stage of technological knowledge where we could make NAs that run at 11,000 rpm.
    But this is not the case, because the current evolution is not the result of progress, but of regulatory and political "constraints".
    There was a time at Ferrari where I quote those who have reported it to me, Enzo liked to say more or less this: "I make Ferraris, if they please the King, the actors ... they buy them, otherwise too bad for them " .
    I'm sure if Ferrari produced a production T50 they would sell just as much, because even those who don't like it or don't know how to use it, would buy it for the badge, for possession, just like it does today. ...
    It is at the level of development costs that Ferrari is controlling today. The new gigantic building exclusively reserved for hybridization and electrification is their priority objective, and it is not the Dallara that one perceives close to research and development that represents the future.
    At the level of commercial strategy, they respond to a single logic which consists in satisfying customers by always increasing more power, because they think that the wait is there.
    Except that it becomes absurd and unusable on the roads by 99% of the owners.
    There is a complete paradox here. Electrification will push the process even further ... We have entered into nonsense; or the notion of automobile art will move away further in the short term.
    And as I always think, Ferrari will not survive electrification and will become a service company.
    We never manage to erase the weight of history, and what was their asset will gradually become their biggest problem ...

9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    No, I don't think so ... you will find in my answer to George my argument.
    The best part is what gives you emotion and the pleasure of the 5 senses, not just numbers on a piece of paper that no one can use !

10. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I agree -for most fanatics and /or forum members driving emotion is everything …. Weight , yes ……. Exclusivity , yes .. etc etc but Emotion ,sound , visual overload are king - weight is secondary

11. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    It's ****ing brilliant, not idiotic. The visibility is perfect. You might only have a little problem when overtaking, but that's only when you are on a narrow road and if you have another supercar in front of you.

No, but it probably is amazing.

If you say so.

Today's cars benefit from the ultimate technology and tech advancements.
    Built an F1 car with a NA V10 like in 2004, and it would be faster.

12. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    Yes, that was partly what I was talking about. An analog hypercar, as fast and light as possible.

13. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    Glad you do.

Those owners should get driving lessons.

Yes, this is what I was talking about. Ferrari need a hypercar for the purists, NA V12, analog and as light as possible. A track weapon.

dido19888 likes this.
  14. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    Ferrari can add a limited edition track weapon to their range, with a 3-5 million $ asking price. NA V12 pumping out 900 HP, 1000 kg curb weight, all analog, no ABS, ESP, no E-DIFF, no electronics whatsoever (not even an airbag), huge amounts of downforce, a central driving position. This is the ideal car for me.

15. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    **** electrification. **** the change. The old analog supercars are still nicer to drive, you get a much better feedback and enjoyment.

16. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    Ferrari can sell their "regular" cars to the 90% of clueless chumps out there and make a "proper" supercar for the purists.

You should give your kids a spanking and re-educate them, wash away these stupid woke ideas they have learned.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    That is your preference, but buyers seem to disagree.

A track car would have to have electronics, as this would make it faster, which is the whole point of a track car to begin with.

There is no such thing as "nicer to drive" as it is purely subjective. Some people like old school, others prefer the modern experience. Take a step back from your entrenched position and you may realise that what you prefer is not necessarily what others should prefer. The world evolves, whether one likes it or not.

18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Sounds a lot like the Huayra R.

19. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Little interest at this price ... they will go to the freezer like the others ..

red passion likes this.
  20. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    It almost is. But it's not good looking enough and it doesn't have a central driving position. Plus it ain't road legal.

21. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    Has Ferrari even bothered to ask them if they want that or not ? I'm willing to bet plenty Ferrari customers would want such a hypercar.

In the hands of the right driver, it can be extremely fast even without electronics. That is the beauty of it, that you are the one in control and not some stupid computer.

Those who prefer modern experience aren't purists/proper supercar lovers.

22. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    For those who have the money, it ain't much. After all, that porker of a Bugatti is in this price range.

23. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Of course they ask them. Also last time Ferrari bothered to offer a manual the uptake was near zero.

Even in the hands of Leclerc a car enhanced by electronic aids will be quicker. You sound like a Luddite...

It's very presumptuous to think that one knows the absolute truth and others are not "proper". Usually these are the less knowledgeable of the lot...

24. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    There, you enter a territory that you do not know.
    What I can tell you is that a driver's first instinct is to turn off the electronic aids on a road car.
    I am not telling you this because I have heard it, but because I have the chance to experience it.
    What I can tell you is that there are also some F1 pilots like Raikkonen who were electronically slowed down.
    Much to say, but that's not the point ...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  25. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    We were talking about track cars and the F1 cars that had the traction control enabled where quicker than the same cars without the system. Same in all racing categories really.