LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale? | Page 43 | FerrariChat

LaFerrari replacement: v12, no hybrid, less power than SF90stradale?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Ale55andr0, Dec 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Do tell!

Senad likes this.
  2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    No, it's not possible, it's up to you to find:)

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Sf90 VS and next halo car will have the same engine ?

4. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I just want to know if there will be a VS Spider.

5. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    #1055 maha, Sep 26, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
    possible scenario
    *** 1. a new generation v12 with hybrid power plus f1 tech and new lmh tech, producing about 1200-1300 hp

** 2. or current v12 producing around 900 hp plus about 350 hp from electric motors + f1 & lmh tech = around 1300hp

*** 3. v8 producing around 850 hp plus about 350-400 hp from electric motors + f1 & lmh tech = around 1200-1300hp

**** 4. new cutting edged v6 producing around 850- 900/950 hp plus about 350 hp from electric motors + f1 & lmh tech = around 1300hp. they may go for v6 with their next halo car because it's more modern , technological, efficient and because now they have a new series of hyper-cars with v12, i.e the icona series, it's OK for them to apply latest v6 tech to their next halo car.

**** 5. no full EV or plug in hybrid

Forza Scuderia and jpalmito like this.
  6. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    3 and 4 are the most plausible hypothesis i guess.

7. U-Boat Commander

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    We don't know. We're just speculating that the power will be similar (like 1100 - 1200 hp) and there is speculation that the next halo will also be a V8. Put those two together and it seems like pretty much the same or similar powertrain.

8. babgh

babgh Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    Just a wild guess on LF successor, maybe they will go with the AMG One route(f1 V6 hybrid and track focused chassis). I really hope this wouldn't be the case though.

Also the horsepower wars needs to stop and manufacturers should focus about power to weight ratio instead imho. Yes modern ferraris are porkers, and I just hope ferrari as a car manufacturer should do something about the weight and also I just hope that they wouldn't make their cars like big size smartphones(**** those haptic touch "buttons"). As for the engine, for other speculations of course if they happen to use that TT V8 I hope they would make the exhaust sound as good as the novitec exhaust, me as a huge ferrari fan, I wouldn't want a neutered ferrari in terms of engine sound like the 488 gtb.

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not really heavier than the competition.

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    The AMG One is a failure, many years late, doesn't work, even with a team of AMG engineers, it is pitiful:

Ferrari is in love with haptic stuff, they hired this person in 2019 from Microsoft to continue their work on the digital interior:
    https://it.linkedin.com/in/sigabrielli

So that's not going away just yet, maybe Jony Ive will help remove the haptic nonsense
    https://www.drive.com.au/news/former-apple-design-boss-physical-buttons-return-to-car-interiors/

EU "noise regulations" have neutered outside "emotional sounds", will get worse, that's why all Ferraris will feature "hot tubes" to pipe sound into the interior because there will be little to hear outside the cabin...at least for road cars

day355 likes this.
  11. Dandan22

Dandan22 Rookie

Aug 23, 2012
    This is just speculation, but I think a great compromise from losing the NA V12 is for Ferrari to take either the v8 or v6 and tune it for a higher top end (peak at ~9-9.5k rpm) using much larger turbos (pushing 3 bar of boost) and a hybrid motor to torque-fill the presumably massive amount of lag an engine like this would have.

Should not have many problems with emissions since off-boost the car will be using the electric propulsion primarily. If they can get the curb weight to under 1600kg (1400 would be a dream), people will be lining up for miles to beg for an allocation.

Lcawley likes this.
  12. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    Anything other than an NA V12 or V10 sucks. Turbo cars are garbage by comparison. Electric cars are even more garbage.

1600 kg ?!?
    That's a ****ing porker of a car, it totally sucks, its not a proper supercar.
    Anything over 1300 kg is too heavy for the LaFerrari successor.

13. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    These days even the people on average are heavier, so are the supercars ;)

LaF weighs ~1600kg (without driver).
    If the next hypercar will be 100kg lighter, I'd count it as an achievement.
    (Is V12 --> V8TT transtion potentially a weight saving? Lighter battery pack? No way. But denser to make electric range at least usable. Not sure if you can make electric system lighter by design overall?)

14. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Probably not much...

2012 Tesla Model S Curb Weight
    4,647 lbs.

2022 Tesla Model S Curb Weight
    4,561 lbs.

15. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    It needs to be at least 200 kg lighter, 3-400 would be ideal.

16. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Ferrari has ambitious goals regarding their all-electric car and potential weight saving in those areas.(*)

If the EV Ferrari is coming soon (in 2025) I'd venture to expect they could try some magic they promise there (*), also on the upcoming hypercar.

(*
    "This first full electric Ferrari will be unveiled in 2025. (...) Its unique features will make it a true Ferrari, ensuring it stands out across all dimensions: engine power density, weight, sound and driving emotions.

The handcrafted battery modules will be integrated into the chassis of cars in a process focused on reducing the weight of the vehicle, increasing the performance and creating the unique driving experience, as only a Ferrari can deliver.
    "

17. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    na v12 and v10 in 2022= poor power and torque but, hey, they scream a lot (while a turbo engine laugh at you showing the middle finger while brutally overtaking you)

Lcawley likes this.
  18. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Gordon Murray and myself dislike this message a lot :D :D :D
    [​IMG]

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferrari's N/A V12 is more powerful than its TT V8. Now, a new V12 (since the current one has reached its limits) with upwards of 900 CV, plus a few hundred electric horses would be fantastic, but in this time and age, a smaller and more efficient engine (perhaps a V6 related to the LMH programme, if indeed they use a V6 in that) seems more in vogue.

jpalmito likes this.
  20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree
    expect a 1400KGS/1200HP V6 hybrid supercar as Laferrari replacement.

sailfly likes this.
  21. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I won't buy a hybrid, but I do like turbos. The V6 TT in my Raptor is amazing. So much lighter than a V8 that the nose of the truck is supernaturally light. Way better than a V8 for off road. Meanwhile, the RAM TRX is bashing its nose into the ground over whoops. AND, it's the same V6 TT as in the Ford GT supercar - lots of the parts are interchangeable - but tuned differently and with different gear ratios in the ten speed transmission. Sure, I'd rather have a V12, but in the current regulatory environment, it may not be possible.

jpalmito likes this.
  22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I guess you might run out of options in the near future (regarding supercars anyway)...

Senad likes this.
  23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'd rather have an all electric, but not yet. My 360 manual is a keeper.

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  24. Johnny_Bravo

Dec 7, 2012
    If that's the case, no true Ferrari fan will buy it.

25. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    All Feraris sell out. The next LaFerrari will be amazing, as was the last one.