LaFerrari w/Carbon Fiber Top | FerrariChat

LaFerrari w/Carbon Fiber Top

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ROMO, Mar 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    As some of you know I have a Rosso Maranello LaF and it's a late model one which at the time offered an exposed glossy finish Carbon Fiber top. My question to the experts is if in fact (as I was told) that there was only a limited number of late edition LaF with that option available. In fact, I was told that only 50 LaF were made with the glossy Carbon Fiber top.

Can someone kindly confirm if in fact this is true or not?

Many thanks,
    ROMO
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    #2 Wikdstrate, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019

Romo, I'm not sure how many LaF's had the carbon fiber top but I can tell you that I think it looks astonishing in person.

I was able to get a sneak peak at this car at Ferrari of New England in May of 2015. This car looks very similar to yours but has different wheels.

I don't recall the exact name of the color of this car but the dealer mentioned that there was only one other Ferrari made in this particular color.

The dealer told me that the owner of the LaF had to ask permission (to use this color) of the person that owns the other Ferrari made in this custom color.

NürScud and of2worlds like this.
  3. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    50 sounds spot on. Obviously no way to confirm that but I wouldn’t argue with that statistic. You have my favorite red Laferrari ever BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROMO likes this.
  4. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    I just know that i have one of the Aperta which is not glossy :) So at least also an Aperta won't "take" the show away from you ;)

ROMO and of2worlds like this.
  5. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    The color of my LaFerrari is a Triple Layer Paint named Rosso Maranello which was a new color when the FF came out. When in the sun it has a metallic candy apple red feel to it and I loved the color so much I had my tdf made in the same color! :)

6. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Amazing colour! Looks really superb, the stripe fits in very harmoniously with the carbon fibre.

7. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Thank you! After looking at the carbon fiber I elected to go with Grigio Silverstone in lieu of a black. I felt like the CF has/had more of a greyish hue to it rather than black. I'm happy someone else appreciates the selection as well! Cheers

Nelsonc275 likes this.