LAKE COMO RECCOS | FerrariChat

LAKE COMO RECCOS

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Steelton Keith, Aug 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Hi everyone. Anybody stay at the new Mandarin Oriental? We have previously stayed at Villa Serbolini and it's wonderful. Also looking for your experiences with perhaps a small boutique 4 or 5 star right on the lake. And while I'm asking, best private car service from MXP to Como? Thanks, Keith

2. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    Keith -- Don't know about the hotels, but I have seen private car service advertised at the airport. I have never used it. Instead we use a private car service with a larger MBZ passenger van (based here in Colico) for trips to/from MXP. Let me know if you would like their phone number. Does anyone in your party speak Italian? If not, either I or my wife can call and confirm availability on your arrival date and get a quote for you.

JL350 likes this.
  3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Two years ago we stayed at the Palace Hotel. We had a front room with great views of the lake. Their dining room also has views of the lake. The room, service and food were all excellent.

We rented the top floor of a villa one year and really liked all the room, but the only view was of the courtyard. We stayed in Villa d'Este once, but frankly I don't think it's worth the money. You're paying in part for its reputation, imo. Next visit we want to stay in Bellagio.

4. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Villa D'Este was one of the spots recommended to us but I ruled it out. Thanks Paul and thank you very much Don for the offer. It will just be Janet and I on this part of the holiday; we are hosting 3 other couple in Tuscany. We have used a guy based in Lucca for all of our Tuscany driving and he has a colleague we may use for the Lake from MXP. After a few nights at the Lake we head over to Pietrasanta where we have rented a villa in the past and can't wait to get back to. The Villa is on top of the mountain and the road up there has 75 turns (some are first gear hairpins) and is a no alcohol trip for sure.

greg328 likes this.
  5. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    Enjoy your trip!

6. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Don...early planning stages for NEXT September. Since we invited several couple to join us we are waiting for their commitments. I appreciate your guidance; thanks Keith

7. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Use Uber ;)

Mandarin is really nice, probably the best. It was named Casta Diva since some years ago.
    Have a tour to Milan ;)
    If you need help just let me know ;)

8. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    same here, loved casta diva! Enjoy the showers :)

Principissimo likes this.