Lake Forest Sports Cars | FerrariChat

Lake Forest Sports Cars

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by spike308, May 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I get pretty sick and tired of all the complaining that comes around, pretty regularly, in cycles all over this site... so here is some positive stuff!

Had my 308 in at LFSC for the fluids and wheel bearing issues over the past couple of days. I was torn as to where to take her... I've had a good experience at LFSC last year (Owner <1 year), but the dealers, as we have all read, can cost you bigtime! Maybe take her to an independent shop?

Well, my experience was great!
    Joe, the mechanic, is a first class guy. Did some stuff free of charge. Lee and Drexler, the service guys are always so polite and very up front about everything.
    Very Positive... but I hope to go back only for "shopping" in the near future!

oh, and by the way, they were dealer prepping a Challenge Stradadale (spelling?? its late....).... the rear deck was up.... man! that is one serious machine! (sigh)... add ANOTHER car to the list....

2. Illinoisspyder

Feb 10, 2004
    I also was in LFSC on Saturday picking up my Maserati (wheel curb damage repair). I agree that they are always helpful and courteous. I have had both warranty and routine maintenance done and have been 100% satisfied.

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Off topic slightly,LFSC will have an official intro(with all the bells and whistles,drinks and snacks) of the new Aston DB9 Coupe and Volante on June 4.

4. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    I had to chime in on this too - I do most of my own work so I haven't worked with the mechanics at LFSC, however IMHO Drexel, Jimmy, and Lee are first class : ) Jimmy and Drexel know me by voice when I call for parts and have always been extremely helpful. Lee used to run service Fox Valley Motors and has been great to Kim and I as well.. Like I said - I haven't entrusted a car to LFSC's mechanics yet, but knowing how much faith I have in all three of these key guys I would have no problem with bringing a car there if I came across a repair issue I was not willing to try myself.
    Chelle

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just a quick reminder:

LFSC will have their "opening" on Sunday, May 23rd.

6. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yes, thanks for the reminder Andreas. By the way, is it too late do you think to get into Ferraris on Oak Street.

7. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Oh yeah, I forgot to say LFSC is great! Tyler Dean and Lee are both terrific people. Lee, by the way, has a gorgeous 88 930 Slantnose Turbo. It was at the dealership on Friday and it's a stunning car.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You're probably still ok. But don't loose anymore time. Follow the link in the Oak Street thread, download the application, fill it out and send it right back to Mike Epifanio. About a week ago, they still had about a dozen slots. Give it a shot. Your car ought to be there! Besides, I need somebody to spend the time with...
    :)

9. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    It's great to hear these positive, yet rare stories as the "going the exta mile" for a customer is hard to come by these days.
    To help ensure this level of service for your future visits, heres a couple of suggestions if you already haven't done so:

1) LSFC Management
    Copy your post and e-mail it direct to LFSC to Rick's attention with a copy to the Service Department. It will take only a few minutes of your time.This will ensure that your pleasure with their quality of service will be communicated to the right people, and that quality is not decreased to increase the "bottom line" in the future.

2) Your Mechanic
    Despite what many may think, it is not illegal to offer your mechanic a cash gratuity for a job well done. I experienced this when I was a mechanic many years ago, and it can go a long way. Here's the person that makes physical & visual inspection contact with your prized & expensive toy, or gives you free advise when you come in the next time. He or she has one of the most important, yet underpaid jobs in the building, ensuring the oil drain plug is torqued just right, or your engine's oil cooler hoses will get you through another season with out incident. Slipping him or her a gratuity amounting to what most people spend for a raffle ticket at a car event could be the difference between getting home or calling for a tow + bucks to repair the damage. Remember, your baby might look brand new, but it is, nearing the 20 year old mark.
    I've seen people be "dollar foolish" when it comes to maintaining their toys, and the end result can be the difference between slippng a few extra bucks to your Mechanic to unexpected thousands lost because the owner was in nice terms, "thrifty".

Ensuring you and your Mechanic are thrilled to see each other on your next visit...... Priceless !!!

Dave

10. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    OK, I'll get it out in the mail tomorrow. I'll probably go even if I can't get the car in there.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You should go anyway. It is a great event and aside from the usual suspects, there are always a few very rare cars you never see anyplace else.

Aside from that, it is a beautiful shopping area (bring your wife along) and the looks of Ferraris on Oak Street is really a sight to be hold.

12. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Can't tell you how many close calls I had in my Spyder with curbs...
    Can't say enough good things about how friendly the service people are when I have visited LFSC as well. As stated in other posts, Lee is simply a very nice man who makes the richest to the most poor feel welcome. Visually, this is the Ferrari place for Chicagoland.

Had small problems with my Spyder and one large one, ( transmission completely blew. ) Never once given a problem and car was delivered on time all the time with the greatest sense of respect.

I really like this dealership, the guys in the shop at least. Would encourage others to go there as well. Hopefully they can pick up Lambo, Bugatti.

RocketBoy

13. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Andreas, I spoke with Mike and he was very gracious in taking my call on a Sunday evening. A few spots are open and so I overnighted my application/fee to Mike. I think I'm "in"!

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Terrific!

15. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Anyone going to the opening on 5/23? How can I wrangle an invite for the Aston intro? :)

16. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I'm going to the opening...

...like I need an excuse to take another trip to "mecca"...

17. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    I'll be there. Give LFSC a call, ask for Kathy. They would like a pre-count of who is coming and what year & model car you will display. Their phone # is: 847-295-6560

Dave

18. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I had a great experience with LFSC last month with my 360. A very classy group of people who someday I want to see in person. Lee has even offered to service my Diablo there.

19. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Just talked to LFSC and asked about sunday( May 23), if you want your car entered in the concours, they would like to be notified so they can get a count. If not, then thats fine they said. For the concours and judging, you need to get there by 8:30am/9am and it will go until about 12/12:30pm they said. Thier number is 847-295-6560.

I went ahead and registered mine, weather dependent of course.... But after last weekend driving to gingerman in the rain, i don't think the car will ever get that dirty again... HAH!....

Thought i would leave this on the thread rather than the Oak Street thread....

20. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I got my black black 360 there tyler is a stand up guy. did not even see the car until it arrived in new york at my house . My wife could not believe that I bought a car on the internet without even seeing or driveing it but i had only heard great things about them.

21. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    See you all there sunday...

I'm not entering my car in the concourse, nor probably ever will enter it in any show. She was meant to drive, she's getting all "miled up" and has some nicks to show for it. So be it! Maybe I'll enter her in a few years in a "most miles" show.

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'll be heading up there also. But,if it's going to be pouring Rain,will be driving the Wife's P.T.Cruiser,(with small Cavalino Sticker on the back window:) ) But,I really want to see the new place,and check out any TR's....:)