Lambo CLutch Question For Allan | FerrariChat

Lambo CLutch Question For Allan

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by BLKCountach, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLKCountach

BLKCountach Rookie

Jan 23, 2004
    Hey Allan, I am curious as to what people are actually doing wrong that makes their clutches wear out too fast? I fyou could emlighten us on the DOs and DON'Ts, I'd appreciate it...

JohnE
    '89 Countach

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Dont ride or slip the clutch. Dont drag race. Dont keep your foot on the clutch while driving. I sold my 87 Countach with over 70,000 on the clock, with its original clutch still in tact. Also, i always match revs on each downshift. Once your rolling, its ok to let all hell break loose.

3. BLKCountach

BLKCountach Rookie

Jan 23, 2004
    Thanks for the input. I don't drag race it and usually take off from a dead stop with the revs at a fast idle and don't slip it much. Hopefully this clutch will last a long time.

JohnE

4. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Are the materials in the clutches of sports cars any different? I know about the composite clutches in Porsches, but on an everyday (if there is such a thing) exotic. Or is it like you said, people just tear them up?

Thanks

5. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    One of my favorite thing to do when in the 575 Maranello is to move off line (normally) then gun it. I can spin my wheels in first or second just by stepping on the gas. You do not have to dump the clutch. I do so only rarely, very rarely. Why wear parts for no reason.

This is my only complaint about the Murcielago. I cannot spin my wheels. Then again, not spinning equals better acceleration, also a fun feeling!

aehaas

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Launch the C/T between 1K and 1.5K.