Lambo doors on a 308 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lambo doors on a 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by Steve King, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    It's a stretched Fiero with V8 conversion. The instrument cluster housing and shift handle look to be stock Fiero.

2. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
  3. FerrariJasonX

FerrariJasonX Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Ferrari crossing into the lamborghini realm hmmm

well, this site is amazing for lambo doors or vertical doors.

http://www.LamboDoors.com
    or
    LamborghiniDoors.com

the suicide kit seems sweet

4. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    Don't even try it. It'll look foolish, those BMW's are laughable. Look like a bumble bee.

5. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank

That can't be right $50.00 for the kit ??????

6. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
  7. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    $50 for instruction on how to do it, no kit included.

I might be a little thick, but don't see how it improves anything. it seems like it just makes it very very hard to reach the door to close it when you are in the seat...I never sat in or seen up close a car that has been converted, so I could be wrong. The other thing is that just making the door move up is not that hard, but making the door seals work 90 degree to the way they were intended would be a strech.....ok who am I kinding with that, every body seal on my car already leaks, how much worse could it get....

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes from some perspectives the doors make a lot more sense ... but then the same thing can be said about sliding doors. Infact sliding doors are better because you do not have to design something to hold them up and also not as hard a reach to close.

Thus what is the best door?

1. Horizontal is easy, and seals well ... except when you cut into the roof too much like the original GT40.
    2. Vertical is easy and should seal well as it is still a single plane design. Only issue is holding the door up and being able to reach it to close.
    3. Sliding ... hard to align IMO, but really the best of both worlds, or though the door has to be a simple shape.

In the end, I am no Lambo vertical door hater, it just does not mean that much to me, especially now ... old hat, etc. I think the 50:50 weight distribution of the Countach and the gearbox location are far more interesting things :)

Pete
    ps: My previous post reference to Mercedes doors was not the Gullwing. I was talking about NORMAL horizontal hinged doors like 99% of the cars nowadays have. Who made those first?, and should we refer to every car that uses them as having 'X' style doors??? ... ofcourse we would have to go right back to a horse carriage thingy!

9. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  10. Serpent Driver

Serpent Driver Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2004
    Norway
    Every Ferrari is precious!! And a Ferrari is suppose to be as it was when it was made on the factory in Italy!! Absolutly Stock!! Your not suppose to mess with a Ferrari. That's my point of view.

11. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  12. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Hey SD lighten up. Most of us do some mods on the cars just to make them reliable. I'm considering contacting one of the shows on TV (discovery) or pimp my ride and see if they want to do a conversion on my 77 GTB. If they'd do it on the show fo 0 $'s I might consider getting it done. If you look at the way it works you open the door like stock and after about an inch it tilts up. I believe you can also get this in electric where you open and close it automaticly. But the manual has a "rope" that you can pull the door down with. I'm thinking here.

13. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    idiots!

14. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Steve,
    The electrical system on your 308 would probably pack it in if those "pimp your ride" guys put all those playstations, subwoofers and everything in there. Besides, there would be no room left for a driver!!

That would be hilarious though!! I would love to see them do a 308 just because I love 308's so much.

Good year, too!! (77 all the way!!)

Birdman